Easy Office
LCI Learning

WHICH ONE IS MORE TOUGHER CA OR IAS

Page no : 3

Deepak kumar sharma (Govt. job) (2946 Points)
Replied 24 July 2012

Read the link given below and judge yourself

/articles/article_list_detail.asp?article_id=14122

Karna (Article) (38 Points)
Replied 10 August 2012

It is a misconception that practicing CAs doesn't have to bend in front of anyone, in this highly competitive market first of all, new CAs has to struggle to get good clients, after getting clients also, CAs has to obey them (even it is called 'independent' auditor). I have seen businessmen using abusive language to CAs.

And IAS, may be they are subordinate to politicians, but even the politicians can not harm an IAS officer if he has no problem with the transfers, because that is the maximum they can do, no one except court can take their designation. Also administrative power of an IAS officer is much wider and stronger compared to a CA. An IAS officer is who is a district collector is the direct head of hundreds or sometimes thousands government employees and many offices or govt. departments. But for a CA it is very limited like tens or maximum hundreds and most of the cases a single office.

Every year around 10,000 CAs pass out compared to 60- 100 IAS officer. (1:100)

There are only 4500 IAS officers in India compared to 165,000 CAs. Means there is only 1 IAS officer for every 266,000 Indians compared to 1 CA for every 7200 Indians.

IAS pass rate is 100 out of 400,000 applicants every year (0.025%). But it is 10 – 30% for CA, means IAS is 400 to 1200 tougher , which also means only 1 person gets IAS from 4,000 competitors, while 1 CA passing from only 3 to 10 students.

There are many CAs who cracked IAS and left CA to join IAS, we cannot see a single case inversely.

From the day one, an IAS officer earns the fame and power a CA can not earn in his entire life.

The government will look after the IAS officers, they never become unemployed, but CA has to find his job himself.

CAs job is directly related only to numbers, while IAS has a greater influence on people’s lives. The job profile of an IAS officer is truly multi-dimensional, challenging and exciting.

CA is a great course, it can be compared to MBBS, IITs, IIMs, CWAs, CS, CPA, CFA……..but IAS if an entirely different thing. It is better not to belittle CAs dignity by comparing it to IAS.

2 Like

mayank (CA Final) (62 Points)
Replied 11 August 2012

Mr Karna,

Don't compare on the basis of results. Then i would say that acturials in india are only 2200, then acturials are bigger in respect than ias. 

Also you are ca article. And its only you who is belitting CA by comparing in terms of power and results, this way you will not become ca because if you don't respect your profession you never get that.

But the truth is truth. I don't think you are going to office and if you are going then that ca must be a beginner in his or her practice. Who says that businessmen use abusive language for CA's. Don't give rubbish here. CA's are given a lot of respect when they visit for audit. I have done audits of Bisleri, Britania and also HTC phones. I have seen how much respect a CA get.

And if one set up his own practice he is actually the boss. He can even have clients who is actually having influence over many ias officers. Even my pervious boss (CA MR. RAJESH CHAWLA) has a client who has direct contact with Rahul Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi. Just imagine what an IAS officer can do to my boss ?? He cannot even touch my boss. ias officer will treat my boss as my boss is his son in law. LOL.  All his Businessmen clients actually request him ..sir humaara tax saving kardo.

And who says that ias officers are in lime light from the very first day ?? what a joke !!! As an ias officer will you become districe collector on the very first day ?? You will become SDM. 

And please don't live in illusions. Who says that politicians don't harm ias officers. If you are honest, politicians use so much abusive language that you cannot imagine. ias officers even touch the feet of politicians. You forget, i will make you remember.. ias officer in UP touched the feet of CM of UP. Also another ias officer touched the feet of shibu soren. I have friends from Mumbai pursuing civil services. Mr. Karna even if you are an ias, you cannot even dare to seek arrest warrant against the big politicians. If an ias want to fight against his own system then he must leave that system. As in bureaucracy it is said that a bureaucrat should not act against the bureaucracy.

So doing what big politicians say is ias. And i have my dignity. I am proud to be in CA profession. Atleast i will live a wonderful life and so you will. brother you are in a profession that can give you 100 times better life than ias. what power ?? If someone is so much affected with red beacon ambassador car, then i must say that once you sit in the car you don't see the red light. 

People say so much abusive words to bureaucrats. But have you heard any one saying abusive words for CA's ?? People says IAS , IPS all bureaucrats are corrupt. Have you heard anyone saying CA's are corrupt  ?? Now please don't say that you have heard. lol

Yes Some CA's have to find jobs. This is because mostly CA works in private sector. But if ias had to work in same environment, then ias also had to find jobs. ias is govt sector, so obviously job security will be there.

And who the hell says that ias has the greater influence over people's life ?? where you live ?? in a village ?? in so called metro politan cities i am not at all affected by a ias influence and so other people. No one is bothered if he is a CM or an ias. Also in a village , district collector can never do welfare as he is not ordered to do so by a CM. As an ias you can never do welfare without CM support. Yaar kis duniya mai rehte ho. 

And so called power.. haha. See ias officer can only order IPS or below rank. Have you heard the term lawyer, judge ?? ias give a sh*t in front of these. there are such big lawyers in india and when they are in court room, even ias, ips are afraid to face them. So i mean to say that power can come to anyone whether directly or indirectly is a different case.

But my friend i will again say that if you are so much attracted to power then i must say that as an ias officer you may have less power and even as a peon of CM you may have big power. So don't dance on the basis of fame or power. No one can hold both of these for a long time. So come to reality and stop living in dreams.

and what will you do if you have power ?? in initial years you will try to shake system and for the next 30 years system will shake you and it will shake you so much that you will not even able to see you your family's golden time. So what you want -- A power or a peaceful beautiful golden life ??

So Good Luck Mr Karna.

I hope you will understand the value of CHARTERED ACCOUNTANCY.

1 Like

Replied 11 August 2012

Also i would like to answer your point. You said that ias has so many employees under him. But still he don't have the authority to employ any person below his rank. but as a practicing ca its only you who will employ all the employees under you.

Also as an ias officer you can handle cases of your jurisdiction only but a practicing ca has all india as his jurisdiction. Practicing in delhi you can handle cases of jaipur , even MP, maharashtra or karnataka.

And if you have time then visit ias officers office during the season of tenders. There you will see how goons and politically influenced people talk to ias officers. They directly intimidate ias officers for the dire consequences. they say if you will not give tender then we will show you what we can do and ias obvoiusly give the tenders to those people. Here where is the dignity of ias officers ??

Thankgod i don't have to see my dignity falling in my profession. I love my CA. I am proud to be in CA. I adore my profession. I am proud to be in CA profession. 

1 Like

Replied 11 August 2012

Mayank,

I am sorry I did not read your full texts, i feel it boring from the begining itself. But I got a general idea what you insist. 

From your profile I saw that you are a CA student, wait untill you complete it, you will realize that CAs are just number crunchers / bean counters. And there is nothing magical in that as you dream  now. that job applications, interviews, rejections, low salaries....all will change your mind.

At that time if you can see the profile of an IAS, you will see the difference also.

And see this thread heading, it is  " which one is more toucher".... thats why I compared about the result.

Replied 12 August 2012

Karna, 

Its obvious that my reply is boring for you because you don't want to accepy reality, since reality is bitter.

Job applications, rejections, low salaries.. don't talk rubbish. Atleast low salaried ca don't touch feet of their bosses like ias do.

If you are so much attracted to ias then become ias and then i will see how much you can do according to your will. I showed you the truth. As an ias you will have to bend in front of politicians and mafia's and thats the reality of india. only in films a singham kills a minister. In reality ministers play with the lives of bureaucrats and ias is a bureaucrat. 

just read this article and you will know what happens to a  life of an honest IAS officer.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/ias-topper-success-stories/raju-narayana-swamy-ias/275697562459524?ref=nf

Replied 12 August 2012

I never say ias is bad. I also respect ias. But karna do you really think that an ias can serve his people and country. in india , its only army, navy and airforce who is actually serving the country. IAs cannot harm Politicians, so how will an ias be able to change the situations. Its next to imp[ossible.

For me my mom and dad comes first. They sacrificed all their comforts for me. Now what will i give them in return as an ias ?? i will be just stuck in the clutches of politicians and will be depress all my life that i am not able to do my job properly. If as an ias you work against the politicians you will have to pay a heavy price. They torture you and your family. You are unaware of the depression in which these bureaucrats go when politiians don't let them do their work.  

Anyways if you want to be an ias and want to serve people, i support you. Lets stop comparing the fields. Both CA and IAS are different and respectable. All the very best for your future.

1 Like

Replied 12 August 2012

Mayank, 

Accept the fact that IAS is far more superior beyond comparison.

I am also not saying CA is bad, they are the best accountants in our coutry. but when we compare an average CA and IAS there is a huge difference.

Try linkedin or other professional websites and you can see literally millions of qualified accountants trying to grab the opportunities. This qualified accountatns include CPA (US,Philippines,China, Hongkong, Japan....), CA (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Australia, NZ, Canada, UK....) CMA, CwA, ACCA and many many more. CA is just one among that. open your eyes.

Within India, say that you are CA to ordinary man or a coprorate office, or a government office....they just dont care.....but you can see the respect if you can see the difference if you said that you are an IAS.

CAs has definite syllabus and any bookworm can clear it. but to be an IAS you dont have that...it can be asked from anywhere under the sun.

And try to change the misconception that IAS works against politicians, they work togather, differences of opinions are everywhere.

Only army, navy....serving the country, come on grow up.....then would you say that only security officers are serving the company in which you work for?

Show me a single IAS officer dreaming to become a CA and preparing for that...and look around and you can see many cases in opposite. It is just because of the fact that IAS is far far superior than CA.

CA M K Arora (Prop) (40 Points)
Replied 12 August 2012

IAS is not comparable with CA, IAS is simply a senior job in any govt office at the mercy of politicians... And job obtained on the base of caste reservation and one time passing of exam...earning sources are mainly from corruption..otherwise salaries nowhere comparable with CA.it has limited time frame to work.. If neta ji dont suspend u can work upto 60.. Peoples respects only post on which IAS is working and not the person gots the respect Where as CA is a Profession..degree of CA is obtained with 3 years of hardwork and study simultaneousely toughest examinations ..that too with no help of quota or reservation system .. CA require requires skil and knowledge all the time to sustain..salaries or income in own practice is unlimited.. Peoples want to pay you for your knowledge and time... Not for your post.. CAs are respected globally .due to skill and knnowledge...there is no retirement age.. A CA dies as CA at whtever age it may attain.. In my opinion... If power of corruption or power to loot is ommitted.... IAS stands no where in front of CA...
2 Like

Replied 13 August 2012

IAS is considered as the toughest examination in the world, with a pass out of 100 out of 5 lakh students. While CA has 30% pass rate, one student is passing it out of 3 students, then how the toughness of CA is even comparable to IAS. 

And what is meant by one time passing of exam? there are around eight test. Does CAs write examinations every year except for some continuing education requirements? 

No politician can take away the IAS, they can only transfer ...and IAS also retain the title lifetime. Civil service is the permanent bureaucracy of government of India. No politicians can take the title away. Also politicians gain or lose power after each election. But IAS remains the same.

If you are looking at income only, persons without even tenth grade earn more than both of these by doing business, especially if illegal.

Not only the post gains the respect, the title IAS has the very high respect throughout the country. Take it or not. In fact this is applicable to CAs, CAs working within the company as accountants, finance managers holds no respect. Even practicing CAs is having high completion to get good clients, and clients have always the option to go for another CA since it is available in the market. In that cases client is the real boss, CAs can act like a boss in front of poor junior accountants in the client’s organization. If practicing is so attractive, why many CAs working within the company in silly titles for low salary.

CA requires skill and knowledge? CAs nothing more than glorified bookkeepers with lots of sections and provisions memorized in the head, which can easily be accessed by a person with basic knowledge of computers and accountancy in the electronic era. They lack other soft skills; that’s why IIM or similar graduates are always preferred for investment banking or premium finance jobs over CAs. CAs mostly confined in the limited and boring world of accounting, taxation and audit.

Whatever criterion is taken, CAs hold no position near IAS. CA is just another professional qualification like CWA and CS....CAs can attain the respect of an IAS only in their dreams. Accept the reality and move on.

You cannot take the light of this world by closing your eyes, if you think so you are just blinding and fooling youself.

If this thread was started in an IAS preparation forum, they would classify it as funny. One exam with .02% pass rate with all subjects questionable and written mostly by qualified professionals including doctors’ engineers and post graduates are compared to another exam with 30% pass rate and questions strictly from the syllabus and study material and which can be started directly after 10th grade.

Replied 14 August 2012

Karna, 

I don't think you are a true CA student because you are not at all giving respect to your profession. First you belittle CA by comparing to ias and then to IIM. I think you are a frustated person who is not clearing CA exams and is thus comparing CA to other fields. It happens, You should do meditation. And as a CA student don't act as if you are a stigma to our profession. So you do one thing, leave CA and start preparing for ias.

I also fully agree with CA M K Arora.

And who says that CA are doing job at a low salary. Atleast it is higher than ias salary. And first go out and earn only Rs 5000, then i will ask you how low that Rs 5000 is for you. Be practical and don't behave like  shekh chilli.

Karna what type of respect you are talking about. People actually abuse ias in their minds for the corruption these bureaucrats do for their political bosses. You are mad for power, position. Kya karega power ka ?? chaatega power ko ?? 

And you again started comparing on the basis of results. I already gave you a reply on this. And and for kind information, just read UPSC report. yes exams are given by so called qualified doctors, engineers.. but maximum candidates who make it to the final list are simple graduates. And what respect you are talking about ?? You are happy that people smile and give respect to you on your face but give a sh*t on your back. LOL

Mafia's , politicians are bosses of these IAS. What the lady IAS did when her IPS husband Narendra kumar was killed by Morena sand mafia ?? she got transferred. What IAS association did ?? what IPS Association did ?? They did a ghanta job. Case will be closed in a year or more. ias is nothing but showing lal batti and sitting inside office and just nodding to what political bosses say otherwise ias will be transfered like we change our clothes everyday.

And yes only army , navy, airforce are serving the country in true terms. Its history that whenever in a state civilians are in danger, army has shown its role and its only ias, ips who actually take help from army. whether it is Taj attack in mumbai or any danger situation in manipur its army to handle such situations. IAS don't even move out of their offices to travel inside the naxal affected areas. An army officer leads a battalion and kills all the enemy and here ips ias don't even move out for encounters. 90% encounters are done by inspector level officers. Just try to have a talk with a constable and you will know. 

You are unaware of the reality. Actually first you become ias and then you will see how a minister will talk to you. And yes you are right ias and politicians work together. But ias has to compromise every time.

And you know as CA one can become a big enterpreneur or business man or even in practice he can maintain powerful relations with political executives and can easily be superior to ias in terms of power. So please stop talking about power.

Now i don't have the strength to discuss more. You carry on.

Replied 14 August 2012

now i don't have time to carry on the discussion. you carry on. since you are an ias alumni. so from now itself you should start learning wastage of time on an objectless topic.

CA M K Arora (Prop) (40 Points)
Replied 14 August 2012

Lets differentiate between Power of Knowledge and Power of Post. . CAs and other professional commands the power of knowledge.. Thus gots genuine respect and honor.... Where as IAS or other bureaucrats commands on the basis of post their knowledge goes to drain when a Engineer is posted as Excise commissioner.. And their post depends on their caste reservation, mercy of politicians etc...etc.. IAS or say civil servants are meant to be servants of public... But they r said to be powerfull in India only because corruption era is going on.......... they torture u by using ageold and obsolete british generated laws ..u bribe them and they are available for u .and they r unapproachble.. Bt after taking bribe they do anything for u....Their intelligence is reflected in poorest governance of India....... As per intl survey.. Indian bureacracy of today is among most corrupt in world. . Otherwise in britiishraj or even today in developed countries they are working as servants of public...Indians today dont give respect to hooters and beacons.... As they treat is imposed terror... And look from hatered eyes .......................So believe in Power of knowledge and not power of post which is absolutely corrupt with cheapest standards.. This is the reason... Today brilliance who have faith in themself dont want to join corrupt machinery of govt and live on artificial and fake respect
1 Like

Replied 14 August 2012

very well said CA. M K Arora. Chartered Accountancy is the best profession. Ca are respected everywhere. Sir even when i go to any function or marriage, my dad feels so proud telling others that my son is doing CA and everyone gives me so much respect -- wah CA kar rahe ho. bahut badiya. Top ki field hai. 

I am Proud to be in CA profession and its true that we should love our profession and worship it. If someone will not worship his profession and will not give respect to it by comparing to other fields he will not be able to get it. This Karna is fake person, he can never be a professional.

Replied 17 August 2012

Mayank, by seeing your comments I think you will not be able to pass even CA, No one will give you respect if you say you study CA, anyone passed 10th can join, now around 9 lakh students are there, every here and there we can see a CA student.  Even CAs around 2 lack are there.

Is it professionalism to delete all my posts by the admin, although whatever I posted was just facts and did not use a single abusive word. You and your peers are just refusing to accept the fact. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: