Tally

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

V!$H@L $!ngh@L (free.........)     21 December 2009

WHICH ONE IS MORE TOUGHER CA OR IAS

HIII EVERYONE I WAS COMPARING THE SYLLABUS OF IAS MAINS EXAMS WITH CA FINALS  AND CONCLUDE THAT, IN THE SPECIFIED SYLLABUS, OUR CA INSTITUTE WINS, THOUGH IAS NEED MUCH MORE GENERAL AWARENESS AND KNOWLEDGE REGARDING CURRENT AFFAIRS BUT CA EXAMINATIONS ALSO BRINGS FANTASTIC COVERAGE REGARDING THE EXPERT KNOWLEDGE OF THE SYLLABUS MENTIONED,

CA STUDENT IS MUCH MORE EXHAUSTIVE  IN TERMS OF TRAINING, GMCS, COMPUTER PROG. & OTHER NECESSITIES TO BE COMPLIED, BUT IAS STUDENT IS ONLY RESPONSIBLE TO STUDY.

SO WHAT DO U CONCLUDE WHICH ONE IS MORE TOUGHER

62 Replies

Lokesh

Lokesh (CS professional)     21 December 2009

Agree with you. CA requires 5 years continuous study whereas IAS requires a continuous study of 2.5 to 3.5 years.Secondly, we need to study even after becoming CA(to update with the current laws and accounting and auditing standards) but once you become IAS u r free from such things. so apun logo ka CA tough hai bhai, isme koi shak nahi.
1 Like
Khushi

Khushi (CA & CS Final)     21 December 2009

i think ...IAS is the toughest exam in the world. u can see there are only 250-300 seats for IAS from 1-2 lakhs students besides that CA's percentage is very large...it's not only the matter of how many years of study is required...it's abt the IQ. and in IAS you also need updation after becoming IAS because you are going to do the job of public. your every decision will be very imp. IAS are very limited. and you will find one Ca from every five professionals...so please don't compare CA with IAS. IAS is a very prectigious &  powerful post.

it's my opinion. i am also a CA student. but what i told is only the real truth.

thanks

6 Like
Biju Cheral

Biju Cheral (Accounts Officer)     21 December 2009

i agree with ganga's opinion

Ankur Garg

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)     21 December 2009

IAS obviously...there is no doubt about that. No comparison at all...

(Guest)

See...in simple and straight language IAS is more tougher coz in CA u have only "limited" syllabus and i think everyone of us knows how we clear the exams, for example, in subject of MICS subject what is to be done are just 19 chapters and paper ll be only from this chapters only......in IAS even the prelims are not an easy job to clear and the main exams are the tougher ones......one cant compare the syllabus of IAS and CA coz u can know what is the syllabus of CA but IAS is more concern towards current awareness and ofcourse yr jab impromto likhne padte hai 500 words in each question about the current affairs to acche accho ki watt lag jaati hai..........

2 Like
vanisri

vanisri (Chartered Accountant)     21 December 2009

Both are different. How we can compare both. Of course in IAS you will have more general knowledge and current affairs. But in CA mostly relating to accoutns, tax and auditing. This is in depth. That is in general. Both are tough and distinct.
1 Like
Sushil

Sushil (CA Final Student)     21 December 2009

Both are different courses. IAS is known as Competitive exam whereas CA is a Course type.

After clearing the IAS exam, students go for 15 months training and that's the main part of IAS where actually they get all practical administration knowledge and thereafter their performance is get evaluated and again one rank list is published for posting.

So we cannot say that they only study. And when they get posting they should be updated with all the spheres because its a Public Administration wherein you require wide knowledge i.e. India - International Relationship, State & District knowldge (include kind of people, their behaviour, problem, how to overcome on that, etc., etc.)

Looking at the syllabus, CAs are having very huge syllabus and we claim that our syllabus is toughest....accepted. But one subject in IAS is very very lengthy i.e. GENERAL STUDIES, no one knows what they will ask. And CAs are very very weak in this area. You need daily updation of all the happening in all spheres.

In Public Sector IAS is the toughest however in Private Sector CA is the toughest!!

However, IAS is known as the toughest examination of India!!

Ashish M

Ashish M (Chartered Accountant)     22 December 2009

IT WOULD CERTIANLY BE OF NO USE TO COMPARE BOTH OF THEM. BOTH OF THEM ARE DIFFERENT.CIVIL SERVICES ARE A COMPETITIVE EXAM. IT IS NOT A COURSE, IT IS SOMETHING OF A TRAINING ALIKE WHICH A PERSON NEED TO GET BEFORE JOINING THE POSTS OF A COMMISSIONER OR LIKE NATURE........... CA IS A PROFESSIONAL DEGREE... U GET CERTIFICATE... GO AND EITHER DO JOB OR  DO PRACTICE. WHEREAS, CIVIL SERVICE IS A PRE-EMPTIVE TEST BEFORE U JOIN THE PUBLIC SERVICES.......... THE LATTER IS A PURELY BUREAUCRATIC JOB.......THE FORMER IS NOT AT ALL.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IAS IS MUCH VAST, MUCH BACK-BREAKING......  IT INVOLVES INTERVIEW, A KNOWLEDGE OF NOT ONLY FINANCE BUT A SUM TOTAL OF MANY SUBJECTS............... EVEN IN TERMS OF SYLLABUS ALONE, IAS TOPS NOT ONE BUT MANY TIMES THAN C.A............. NO COMPARISONS PLS.......!!!!!!!!!!

Nitesh Battu

Nitesh Battu (CA Final)     23 December 2009

hey everyone in my opinion CA is very difficult course and IAS is nothing in front of course prescribed by our institute, in world wide its most difficult to attain the the indian ca qualification, as our institute stands 2nd in the world.

from ca institute:

About ICAI

The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is a statutory body established under the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 (Act No. XXXVIII of 1949) for the regulation of the profession of Chartered Accountants in India. During its nearly six decades of existence, ICAI has achieved recognition as a premier accounting body not only in the country but also globally, for its contribution in the fields of education, professional development, maintenance of high accounting, auditing and ethical standards.ICAI now is the second largest accounting body in the whole world. 

so praise our institute and bring it to the first in the world and one thing more

ca begins wid the cpt level though it is easy but ask from cpt level students, recognize past days who says its very easy

aur pcc mai to log chood hi dete hai

final duur ki bat hai............

kher mai bhi final ka hi huu, par watt lagii hai 

1 Like
Nageswar

Nageswar (Self Occupied)     27 December 2009

IAS Obviously.

yogeshwar malhotra

yogeshwar malhotra (partner)     31 December 2009

SEE THE DIFFERENCE IN STATUS

NO IAS WILL RFEQUIRE APPOINTMENT FROM ANY CA TO MEET

BUT EVERY WILL NEED AN APPOINTMENT FRON ANY IAS OFFICER TO MEET HIM.

FEEL THE DIFFERENCE IN STATUS.

Ashish Kr Mishra

Ashish Kr Mishra (CA-final & CS-final)     04 January 2010

This type of debat is worthless bcoz everyone knows a IAS is the IAS....No comparisions...savi ka sapna hota hai ek IAS banana..chahe wo Doctor, Engineer, CA ya MBA hi kyo na ho

(Guest)

IAS IS MORE TOUGHER

CA.DURGESH MISHRA

CA.DURGESH MISHRA (CA)     31 January 2010

I AM VERY SURPRISED TO KNOW , THAT HOW CAN WE COMPARE CA WITH IAS POSITION OF IAS IS LIKE KING IN INDIA I TRULY AGREE THAT CA HAS MUCH MORE KNOWLEDGE THAN IAS BUT WHAT IS THE USE OF SUCH , WHEN ALL THE POWER IS GIVEN TO IAS. I WOULD LIKE TO QUOTE AN EXAMPLE OF ONE OF MY FRIEND WHO PASSED IAS IN 2004 HIS MAIN SUBJECTS WERE GEOGRAPHY SOCIOLOGY AND HE GOT FOLLOWING POST IN ONE YEAR > DY.COLLECTOR(K) S.D.M >LAND ACQ.COLLECTOR >GENERAL MAGISTRATE (DIST.INDUSTRIAL CENTRE) >DY.SECRETARY (ELECTION,LAW,INDUSTRY) >ASTT.COMMISSIONER (FOOD & CIVIL SUPPLIES) >G.M(CS ,ST,OBC CORPORATION) DO U STILL WANT TO COMPARE CA & IAS ??????????? IF U DONT BELIEVE ABOVE I CAN UPLOAD HIS I-CARD

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register