Which itr to use having salay income and capital loss, to carry forward cpaital loss

I have capital loss in FY2019-20 AY 2020-21. i have filled return using itr1 and had not carry forward the capital loss( due to sale of shares). Did i have to file revised return to carry forward the losses or I can mention them in Itr of AY2021-22???

Please tell which Itr form I have to use , as I have income from salary and capital loss(I want to carry forward the capital loss).

 

Replies (4)
Quick Summary
This discussion addresses how to handle capital losses from FY2019-20 when you have salary income. The user initially filed using ITR-1 but didn't carry forward their capital loss from share sales. Advice suggests revising the FY2019-20 return using ITR-2, or if that's not possible, ensuring the capital loss is correctly reported and carried forward in the AY2021-22 return, also likely requiring ITR-2.

You filled which year return
if 19-20 you can revise it
you have to file ITR 2
Revise it by filing ITR 2
ITR 2
You please file ITR2

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details