Which ITR form to fill - Professional services in a company

Kumar (N.A.) (31 Points)

16 July 2011  


I work in a company but the salary that they pay me is shown as "Fees for professional service" instead of Salary.

I think i need to file ITR-1 Sahaj form but am a little unsure about this. I do not have any other source of income. I do not maintain any account books as i get the pay on monthly basis but there are no components like Basic, HRA, etc shown in the payslip that is given. In the form-16 they have mentioned under "Nature of Payment" "194-J-Fees for professional or technical services". Is this the correct form for me?

Also in the Sahaj form under Schedule TDS2, there is a cloumn titled "Amt out of tax deducted claimed this year" which i am not able to understand. What figure has to be entered in it?