| My Other Post

what is 26 AS, how it's applicable?
what all details contained in it?

avater

EverGreen Boyzzz   29 September 2020

EverGreen Boyzzz

2 points

View Profile | My Other Post

It's is same as form16 for salaried employees.it contain the tax deduction at source for the current year 

avater

RAJA P M ("Do the Right Thing...!!!")     29 September 2020

RAJA P M
"Do the Right Thing...!!!" 
 8417 likes  114934 points

Form 26as is tax showing all tds amount which deducted by Deductor. It's including salary tds, bankers interest tds, subcontract TDS and some of the other.
these all deducted amount shown in form 26as...

avater

Sagar Patel (Tax and Business Consultant)     29 September 2020

Sagar Patel
Tax and Business Consultant 
 983 likes  11081 points

"Form 26AS" The I-T department maintains the database of the total tax paid by the taxpayer (i.e., tax credit in the account of a taxpayer). Form 26AS is an annual statement maintained under 'Rule 31AB ' of the I-T disclosing the details of tax credit in a taxpayer's account as per the database of the tax department. In other words, Form 26AS will reflect the details of tax credit appearing in the Permanent Account Number (PAN) of the taxpayer as per the database of the tax department. The tax credit will cover TDS, TCS and tax paid by the taxpayer in other forms like advance tax, self-assessment tax, etc.

TDS is deducted on Salary and other income, and deposited with Income Tax Department. So, how to check if these TDS amounts are actually deposited with the department or not?

Form-26AS gives you all the details of Tax credits. It is a form which indicates that the tax that has been deducted has also been deposited with the Govt. If Your TDS deducted, than you can check all your TDS deduction in form your Form 26AS after login to your Income tax account

1 Like

Sreeja Gopinath   04 October 2020

Sreeja Gopinath

3 points

Tq sir

avater

Sagar Patel (Tax and Business Consultant)     04 October 2020

Sagar Patel
Tax and Business Consultant 
 983 likes  11081 points