LCI Learning

What if supplier has not filed Gstr1 ?

Page no : 3

Aman Agarwal (321 Points)
Replied 16 October 2017

No. A seller cannot accept invoices in GSTR 1A if he has not filed GSTR 1

ASHISH PALLOD (353 Points)
Replied 16 October 2017

So, now its clear that if supplier has not filed his gstr1, the buyer will be in trouble. And buyers can't change his supplier overnight due to irregularities in filing gst returns by supplier.

Now, my next question is, If i don't want to rely on my supplier's gstr1 filing for my itc on purchases, can i take gst invoices by supplier on rcm basis ? So that i will pay the gst on my purchases and claim itc on those purchases in the same month's return, ना रहेगा बांस ना बजेंगी बासूरी ।

andy (Designer) (130 Points)
Replied 16 October 2017

how can you take invoices on RCM basis when your supplier is registered dealer.

Replied 16 October 2017

Originally posted by : Aman Agarwal
No. A seller cannot accept invoices in GSTR 1A if he has not filed GSTR 1

Quoting from cleartax:

Certain transactions may not be auto-populated because-

• Seller did not file GSTR-1
  • Seller filed GSTR-1 but he missed the transaction

In either case, the buyer can manually add these transactions. The seller will get a notification to accept this addition/modification in his GSTR-1A return.

According to above statement, a supplier can accept invoices in GSTR1A even if hasn't filed GSTR-1.

Replied 16 October 2017

Registered dealer can issue invoice under rcm basis... that's my understanding. Experts, please clarify.

Replied 16 October 2017

Registered dealer can issue invoice under rcm basis... that's my understanding. Experts, please clarify.

Replied 16 October 2017

Is it permissible to post the another website link. If so i can post the link.

Replied 17 October 2017

Originally posted by : anshul aggarwal
Andybut question still remains unanswered whether supplier is allowed to accept gstr1A changes if he has not filed GSTR1?

Quoting from cleartax:

Certain transactions may not be auto-populated because

- Seller did not file GSTR-1
- Seller filed GSTR-1 but he missed the transaction

In either case, the buyer can manually add these transactions. The seller will get a notification to accept this addition/modification in his GSTR-1A return.

Dear Anshul, as stated by this external site, it seems a supplier can accept invoices in GSTR1A even if hasn't filed GSTR-1.

Replied 17 October 2017

Here is a screenshot of the error message displayed while accessing GSTR 1A without filing GSTR 1

Replied 17 October 2017

@ CT website,

that means sites are misleading people with wrong information. 

There should have been dedicated govt GST web forum where certified tax experts must be answering queries. 

But i think even officials are not clear what's going on at the backend until it appears on the site. 

GST - Joke of the year.

Replied 17 October 2017

Agreed. They should have set up proper helpdesk services to respond to thousands of queries of the taxpayers. 

Replied 17 October 2017

Basically, does government really want to help taxpayers? The big answer is " NO". More confusion at taxpayer level, more revenue for them in terms of penalty.

anshul aggarwal (Consultant) (1074 Points)
Replied 18 October 2017

basically genuine buyers with bo fault will be penalized for wrong action of suppliers

PRANAY JAIN (Director) (248 Points)
Replied 23 October 2017

My supplier has uploaded the invoice correctly and are visible to me but i cant accept them as he has not filed GSTR1. Now after 31st oct (last date for filing gstr2) when he files gstr1,  would i get chance to accept them and same would be added in my ITC for july or i have to pay tax this month.

Shankar Sharma (505 Points)
Replied 24 October 2017

Select "Add missing invoice " option and upload invoice details in GSTR 2

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: