Easy Office
LCI Learning

What if supplier has not filed Gstr1 ?

Page no : 2

anshul aggarwal (Consultant) (1074 Points)
Replied 16 October 2017

Andy this is not correct. supplier has to take accept action on invoices then only buyer will get the credit. Otherwise buyer has to leave that ITC for that month and pay interest on Wrong ITC availed. This is the horror side of invoice matching where buyer with no fault will be penalized.

Replied 16 October 2017

One more doubt I have if acceptance of invoices is possible in gstr1A if supplier has not filed his GSTR1. That will be known in due course of time.

Aman Agarwal (321 Points)
Replied 16 October 2017

If a supplier has not filed GSTR 1, he won't be able to access GSTR 1A.

andy (Designer) (130 Points)
Replied 16 October 2017

Guys, I have issues with 2 invoices in GSTR-2A:

1st invoice has counter party saubmit status NO.
so I added it via "Add missing invoices" 
Now its visible in gstr2 under "invoice uploaded by taxpayer."
Also its visible under 'uploaded by supplier' but its frozen & no action is possible.

Second invoice was totally missing.
So again, I added it via "Add missing invoices" 
Now its visible in gstr2 under "invoice uploaded by taxpayer."

Both the invoices got processed within minutes. Submission & filing is still pending.
Is everything done here is right or do i need to ammend any of my actions before i proceed with filing?

Replied 16 October 2017

Yes, everything is fine. Before filing, please confirm that the Total Taxable Value and Total ITC available as displayed in GSTR 2 is correct as per your knowledge.

RAJA P M ("Do the Right Thing...!!!")   (127299 Points)
Replied 16 October 2017

Yes... You are exactly Right...

Replied 16 October 2017

@ aman, raja

Its reconciling perefectly.

But my question is how both added invoices got automatically processed within minutes.

It doesn't seem as any manual (Accept) action has been taken by my supplier in GSTR-1A

Replied 16 October 2017

The invoices are successfully processed from your side but the supplier must accept those invoices in GSTR 1A and only then you would be entitled to avail the input credit of those invoices. 

Replied 16 October 2017

@ aman

how will i come to know if they have been accepted by supplier?
Is there any confirmation or indication on portal for the same. 

I have doubts regarding this. 

Replied 16 October 2017

Aman,
The basic reason of invoices missing in most of the cases is that supplier has not filed GSTR1. now if supplier is not able to accept gstr1A then it's same scenario for buyer.

Replied 16 October 2017

Replied 16 October 2017

In my opinion, this system is enabled and is useful only if the supplier has filed the return but missed some invoices or else the supplier will be filing the return with late fee.

RAJA P M ("Do the Right Thing...!!!")   (127299 Points)
Replied 16 October 2017

@ Andy.,
First of you ll doing all possibilities and required in your side. After complete the GSTR 2 returns date then you can see it on GSTR 3 which one is accepted / not accepted...

Replied 16 October 2017

Originally posted by : RAJA P M
@ Andy., First of you ll doing all possibilities and required in your side. After complete the GSTR 2 returns date then you can see it on GSTR 3 which one is accepted / not accepted...

Oh oh..thats's the case. Now i got it. (similar to GSTR 2 which appears only after GSTR1 due date)

So i think its better to commincate offline & make suppliers accept 1A before due date.

Thanks Raja P M for clearing my doubts. Regards

Replied 16 October 2017

Andy
but question still remains unanswered whether supplier is allowed to accept gstr1A changes if he has not filed GSTR1?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: