Various Taxes on sale of India-based website to foreign company in USD

Hello,

I have a website which a US-based company wants to purchase. They will make the payments in US Dollars.

I want to know what all taxes will I have to pay for such a deal, as the website is a virtual asset (not a real tangible factory,office), the website is registered in India, the payment will be received in US Dollars currency, and my SBI bank will convert it to Indian Rupees.

Questions which I need help with:

1) What all taxes will I need to pay (any GST, foreign remittance tax, income tax, any special tax like sale of online asset or foreign income)?


2) Is there a threshold which I need to take care of (like receipt amount above USD 10,000 may attract some more charges/taxes)?

 

It will be really kind of the experts to provide their vital inputs for the above two questions.

 

Thank You

Replies (1)

Can anyone provide an answer please?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details