Updates regarding who is best ------A MBA guy or a CA guy??

Mukesh Choraria (Professional Motivator) (853 Points)

04 February 2011  

This time something on the hottest topic that had been in discussion for the whole decade and results unknown and the debate have some how is not existing in this decade, but i will start it again in this new decade>>>>

Who is Best to hire - MBA Graduate or  CA ???

MBA Institutes say that thye are best and CA says that they have much more advanced knowledge than MBA's.....

Would like to highlight few important things :

1. MBA entrance tests usually have equal weightage to MATHS- The devil for commerce stream students. If the students were good would'nt they take science apart having nightmare with science subjects.                                                                                                         2. ICAI also has Statistics in CPT level but not Maths. Many state boards of HSC do not have maths as their main subject - the reason is that as students are not confortable with maths they are going in commerce.                                                                                                   3. Now regarding the syllabus differences-----

Some verified difference -

1. We have a chapter in MAFA - Potfoilio mgmt. and in MBA there is a subject of aprox 500 pages on just the same topic.

2. We have chapter of capital budgeting and they have a whole subject of Project Finance.

3. We do not have anything relating to banking and insurance and they again have a subject on it.

4. We have AS they dont , we have audit they dont have, we have whole indirect tax they just have a chapter.

5. We have costing they have costing, we have accounts they have accounts, we have mis they have mis,

6.  They have stategic Finance, Resarch methodology, Capital market , NCFM certification but we dont.                                                                                                                                             7. We have hard core Taxation they dont have in so deep.                                                                           The above were just a comparison for the syllabus of both at final level. If a CA thinks that MBA is easy to complete its not that easy and if a MBA thinks CA is easy he is lying to himself. The Bottom line is that both are different One is finance and other one is Hardcore accounting and legal issues. And that might be the reason that a CA is not allowed to be a Portfolio Manager.                                                                                                                    My suggestion would be that if you are knowlege oriented then after CA you may even think of getting a distance learning diploma PGDBA and believe me there is lot more that we dont know in the world of Finance.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Well i dint write it because i wanted you all to agree on it. Lets share lets increase our knowledge. I would appreciate if people can write their understanding between the 2 or get the imputs from your friends and help others and unwillingly helping yourself to learn something new.