Transportation or Freight Bill

Sir,

The dealer from whom we purchased the cement, the same dealer having same GST No gave us the bill of transportation on RCM basis

I have only given the cement bill to my party and now how I have to give the Invoice for transportation?

Now my question is what kind of bill should I give to my party. RCM Basis or Tax Invoice.
Replies (6)
Quick Summary
This discussion clarifies how to handle transportation invoices when selling goods like cement. It addresses whether to issue a bill on a Reverse Charge Mechanism (RCM) basis or a standard Tax Invoice. The consensus suggests that if you are not a Goods Transport Agency (GTA), you should not issue an RCM bill for transport. If freight is included in the material bill, GST applies to the total value. If invoiced separately, freight charges may be exempt from GST, especially if issued some time after the main goods invoice.

Best way to issue tax invoice
On which tax rare
ISSUE TAX INVOICE WITH CEMENT + TRANSPORTATION+ GST

AND GST RATE WILL BE THE CEMENT GST RATE.....
I have issued Tax invoice for Cement.
Transportation charges invoice pending may I give him on RCM basis of not, may I give with 5% GST rate
@ Mr Akshay Jain...

1. Why the dealer give rcm basis transport bill...?
is he is GTA...?


2. No. You can't give rcm basis bill for transport if You are not GTA. If You charge freight in the material supplied bill then charge GST based in material value...
If You are charge the freight in separate invoice then GST not applicable and it's exempted.
Sir I am issuing saparate freight bill after 10 to 15 days of issuing tax invoice of cement. what'll be the criteria please explain in detail.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details