Tips for SM

(Guest)

Strategic management……

Actually we can call it a  serial mystery …because in every chapter , we can easily find the kith n kins …So if u can understand the concept of relativity then u have won half of ur battle towards strategic mgt,,

20 marks

Case study mix of ch-3,4 ,& 6

30 marks

Theory que Must of 5 marks each from chp-5 &7

YOU will get a separate sheet to answer  IT n Sm . So be cautious in writing in write answer sheet. Bcz the boy behind me had done IT work in his SM answer sheet .

MY VIEWS___________

ü  Study material is good , interesting.It really make a good base for case study until n unless u can make a proper concise of it.

ü  Thatswhy I had also referred  Dinesh madan  book which is just  of 100 pages. And obviously to the point.

ü   u can also refer Rathor  or nitesh book …as they  are also well known writers.

ü  In nitesh book...it is quite similar to study material.

As earlier  I had mentioned that it is a serial mystery  so u cant ignore the relatives, that’s  why importance of every chapter cant b defined so accurately.

Chap no

Chapter name

Imp topics

Business environment

Global environment, porter’s 5 forcing model

Strategy mgt

Strategy types,vision,mission n objectives

Strategic analysis

Swot analysis, BCG matrix

Strategic planning

Strategic alternatives

Formulation of functional strategy

Expended marketing mix,prod strategy formulation

Strategy implementation

Fwd n backward linkages,value chain analysis,SBU, culture and strategy conflict

Reaching strategy edge

Totally imp

How to study

·         Its good to study in sequential order

·         Chapter 1 is basic thing. But porter’s five forces model is imp to b read and undertand  in this chapter

·         From chapter 2 onwards read seriously , understand the meaning & logic behind every sentence and try to connect every chapter with chp 2 onwards

·         So chapter 2 is the base of SM

·         Chptr 7 is truly different . U can read it as per  ur convenience.A must chapter to ensure 5 marks .

Happy reading ….

Naina……