Easy Office
LCI Learning

The Horrifying leather trade in India- must see

Page no : 2

Sanjay Agarwal (MANAGER) (165 Points)
Replied 04 December 2010

Yes, it is cruel and horrible.

While I was doing articles 15 years back, my  Boss=CA had narrated his visit to Kanpur, a city of leather industry, where he happened to visit a  slaughter house.

" For more soft touch leather, the alive calf= the small one of the cow is put in  hot shower of water"

My Boss and well many of his listners, who were deeply moved, stopped using lether  artilcle=belt, purse, shoes etc.

However, Just bycotting the use of leather by us and oral criticism is very small a role on our part.

Yet we do not know how to contirbue more to discourage the people, the Govt for allowing / contiuing with the Horrifying leather industry in India.

Pl. suggest more ways=

My suggestions= Apart from encouraging our people to bycott the use of leather,

1] We should contribute / donate and encourage our Gaushallas.

2)  Frequently, Send a post-card to The President, The PM, the Parliament, our MPs ( but the MP may be meat-eater), the CJ of Supreme Court demanding the ban of  Killing of Cows ( in total) and other animals for the Horrifying leather trade in India.

Other memebers to suggest more ways.

1 Like

CS LLB Pulkit Gupta (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Life-and-Promises/553962034682487)   (16631 Points)
Replied 25 December 2010

I am really horrified after seeing the pics and reading the story. 

I am speechless and ashamed of the fact that I use leather items like jackets and shoes. 

Will try atleast to minimize it's use in future if can't totally avoid it.

1 Like

Resham (Carpe Diem !!!) (6535 Points)
Replied 26 December 2010

No the ones which are sold in the Khadi bhavan, Khadi exhibition are genuine ones... they take leather only from dead animals.. So please if you really can't avoid.. then buy from those..

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta ("PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN")   (114215 Points)
Replied 26 December 2010

Thanks Resham for the post.....

Dont have words to explain my feelings......

Insaan paise k liye kitna gir sakta hai....Ho sakta hai kal ye insano ke chamde ka bhi vyappar karne lage.....Shame on these guys....

2 Like

Vikas Gupta (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (16295 Points)
Replied 27 December 2010

Originally posted by : CA.G.Muguntha Narayanan

Was really an eye-opener. My heart almost broke when i read that all the cuttings will be done when the animal is ALIVE.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: