Tds on interest paid to nbfc

anuj (auditor) (154 Points)

24 September 2014  

As per section 194(A) below per person liable to dedut TDS 1) Any person, not being an individual or a Hindu undivided family, who is responsible for paying43 to a resident any income by way of interest43 other than income 44[by way of interest on securities], shall, at the time of credit of such income to the account of the payee45 or at the time of payment thereof in cash or by issue of a cheque or draft or by any other mode, whichever is earlier, deduct income-tax thereon at the rates in force :

46[Provided that an individual or a Hindu undivided family, whose total sales, gross receipts or turnover from the business or profession carried on by him exceed the monetary limits specified under clause (a) or clause (b) of section 44AB during the financial year immediately preceding the financial year in which such interest is credited or paid, shall be liable to deduct income-tax under this section.]

Now my question is I am proprietor covered under section 44AD. Am i liable to deduct tds on interest paid to NBFC (Loan Against Property) if my total sale not exceed 100 Lakh under 44AB(A), but my books liable to get audited as we are showing net profit below 8% under section 44AD ?