Easy Office
LCI Learning

TDS on Courier Service

Page no : 2

K V Subba Rao (Service) (2708 Points)
Replied 19 September 2008

2.06 % is the rate at which you have to deduct tax irrespective of whether a contract has been formally entered into or not.

(Guest)

I wold like to know while making the payment of any courier bill whether the TDS will be deducted from total bill value inclusive of Service Tax or before service tax .

If after service tax then what in the case of Rent payment.

(Guest)

Dear Sir,

I want to know about TDS on Courier Charges and surcharge their on.

Please Provide TDS on Printing Material also and surcharge their on.

Best Regards

Amresh

Shudhanshu Agrawal (Business) (2570 Points)
Replied 19 November 2008

Dear Mr. Srijesh Kumar,

Please do mention is it a indian company or foreign company.???.......if indian Section 194C willbe applicable and in case of foreign company Section 195 willbe applicable.

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Guest
" As courier service contract comes under the purview of 194C & is a contract as designated by Indian Contract Act TDS must be deducted from courier bills if it exceeds Rs. 20000/- pa. "

Liability of TDS If we are deductiing TDS of one courier party and we paid in cash for coureir charges 20/-

kishore deokar (service) (24 Points)
Replied 12 October 2009

Dear sir

W.e.f. 01.10.2009 TDS exempted for payment of transport payment if transporter provide PAN Number. I want to know about TDS on payment of courier charges ?

Animesh (Director) (22 Points)
Replied 13 January 2010

Originally posted by : Guest
I Don't know much about TDS but i know a place where you can solve your problem that is viaddress.com also they have live chat support, so if you need any assistance, they are always ready to answer your queries.

nair damu (ACCOUNTS) (31 Points)
Replied 26 February 2010

How do you distinguish between a  Transporter and courier  agency ?

for a  transporter TDS is nil  w.e.f. 1/10/2009 provided  PAN is  furnished

1 Like

Max Payne (employed) (2569 Points)
Replied 27 February 2010

Transporter has to necessarily carry goods by goods carriage on road.

Courier carries parcels and documents. Mode of transport is not relevant for couriers.

uiiios (ertoos) (24 Points)
Replied 17 April 2019

hello

uiiios (ertoos) (24 Points)
Replied 17 April 2019

If I conclude a contract of civil liability of the carrier in the performance of international transportation (CMR - insurance), what will be the amount of the insurance premium? Is it possible to get an accurate calculation of the insurance rate for https://www.total-insurance.co.uk/courier-insurance/ to be emailed to me later. Or I need to come to the office?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: