TDS deducted / revised return

Hi everyone 
My employer has deducted TDS on my last payslip for March 2026 but not deposited it (does not reflect in Form 16).

They say they are in process of revising Form 16 but ask me to file return based on current details. I do not fully trust them because if I pay the difference in tax and they do not send revised Form 16 I will be stuck.

Should I pay the difference in tax and file by July 31 or should I edit the TDS amount while filing.

Also how will process of filing revised ITR work in each of these scenarios.

Replies (1)
  • Actionable Advice: Do not blindly trust unverified verbal promises from an employer who has delayed depositing withheld taxes.

  • Safe Route: File your return reflecting accurate figures; if the TDS does not reflect in Form 26AS before your final filing window, filing without the uncredited amount and later filing a Revised Return under Section 139(5) once the employer corrects their filing prevents immediate automated tax demands.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details