GST Plus - Get Daily updates,support, whatsapp Group & reply to GST Notices etc.!! Call : 011-411-70713 !!

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi K (Job)     15 July 2014

Tds certificate not available - what to do?

Hi, 

My client has not given me TDS Certificate/Form 16A (and the client is unreachable now). 
Therefore i do not have Unique TDS Certificate Number. 
But I can see appropriate taxes deducted and filed by my client in Form 26AS online. 

Now, while filing IT Returns, there is a field where i need to enter: Unique TDS Certificate No. 
Now i don't have it - What to do? 

Thanks

7 Replies

Fenil Shah

Fenil Shah (Audit & Tax Executive)     15 July 2014

As you will see in the ITR, the unique TDS Certificate number, cell is not compulsory; means if the TDS deducted is reflecting in your 26 AS then you can show it in your ITR without mentioning the unique TDS certificate number.

Tribhuvan Aditya Singh

Tribhuvan Aditya Singh (Student as well as Self-employed)     16 July 2014

unique certificate no. is not mandatory... you can skip it.
Santhosh Poojary

Santhosh Poojary (SIEMPRE AHÍ PARA TI)     16 July 2014

The Unique Certificate Number is optional when filing returns... You can file your return without having that certificate number...

you can simply keep it blank. As you can see while filing ITR.. the color of the text of that 8-digit certificate no is Black ,while others are in Red, that means they are mandatory....!

Just ensure.. you correctly fill in TAN, Amount deducted and other details as shown in Form 26AS exactly when filling ITR...

sreejith

sreejith (student)     16 July 2014

As your tds amount already reflected in your 26 as ...need not wory about the unique no..
Brahma Nand

Brahma Nand (Finance associates)     17 July 2014

No mandatory unique no. In ITR...
V Prabhakara Rao

V Prabhakara Rao (Assistant Manager)     18 July 2014

Yes they are right. At present Unique Certificate Number is not mandatory

Prabhu

sandhya devi cheva

sandhya devi cheva   28 April 2018

Hi,

They are correct mentioning that unique TDS certificate number is not mandatory for filing ITR.

But to rectify the TDS details by rectification of ITR which have been erroneously filled and filed, unique TDS certificate number is mandatory. If Form 16A is not available with the Assessee, is there any other way to get the unique TDS certificate number. Because without unique TDS certificate number the e-filing website does not allow us to rectify the TDS details.

Can anyone help me out in resolving this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags