Tax on agriculture income

CA Rajdeepsinh Kanchava (Senior accountant at KPO)   (736 Points)

14 March 2017  

Hello Peers, Greetings of the day. I m well aware about the general rules like if your exempt income is below Rs.5000 then u dnt need to file ITR manually and agriculture income is exempt under section 10 (1).

However the same should be included first in other taxable income to determine tax and then excluded accordingly.

Now my query is that one of my client is having only Agriculture income and that is far more than Rs.5000 so obviously i can't file his return online and in his case ITR 2(correct me if I am wrong) is applicable. So is there any other matter that i am supposed to consider??? As he is not having any income other than agriculture.

Also, my other client is having agriculture income plus a verry nominal saving bank account interet (100% deductible under section 80TTA coz it being less than Rs. 10,000) so in his Case, what should be the correct ITR and any other considerations that i m supposed to take care of.

NOTE THAT BOTH OF THESE PERSONS HAVE NOT FILED TAX RETRN EVER BEFORE SO THIS IS THE FIRST TIME.

Looking for your valuable replies.

Regards, 

Rajdeep