Tax clarification

 

 Iam a  US citizen lived in India for about six months. I could be
a Resident or Nonresident in India depending on  my stay.

I have normal resident Bank account and a couple of Term Deposits in
SBI and my total interest income from these is Rs. 17591-00. My Govt.
of India pension for the year is Rs, 2804433-00. So my total Indian
income for the financial year is Rs. 298024-00

I have some savings in the US and the total interest and dividend
income from these is $ 5817-00 ( this works out to about Rs. 293300.

In the instructions for form TRII, it says for Individuals ( it does
not say residents) tax free limit for Very seniors is Rs. 500000-00.
and for any sum over this the tax rate will be 20%.
For other individuals the tax free limit is stated to be Rs.180000.
and the rate for amounts over this is 10%.

What are my tax liabilities in India if I am Resident in India fot the
financial year 11-12 ?
What are my tax liabilities in India if I am a Non Resdent in India
for the financial year 11-12?
I was in India from 5 April 11 to 6 June 11 and 30 Nov 11 to 4 April
12. What I need to know is the tax slab and rate for nonresident for
FY 11/12.

Replies (1)

since u have stayed in india for >182 days u r resident in india, tax as to be paid on global income at the slab rates applicable.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details