Easy Office
LCI Learning

Study strategy for Final

Page no : 2

shubhy (article) (107 Points)
Replied 19 August 2010

ya pls give srtategy for other subjects also

thanks in advance

Sankar (Finance Professional) (23 Points)
Replied 19 August 2010

Hi Maya

wonderful analysis and thanks for the tips

Regards

Devi Kala (Chartered Accountant) (359 Points)
Replied 19 August 2010

Thank u very much... 

CA SHUBHAM Mittal (CA ) (441 Points)
Replied 19 August 2010

Thanks for sharing yar.......................................plz give ur suggestions for audit.............

(Guest)

Good Study strategy...........  Thanks a lot... 

Regards

K.Ilayaraja

Ranotosh Podder (ca student) (394 Points)
Replied 19 August 2010

please post your strategy for all the subjects.

Maya Delves (Student) (481 Points)
Replied 19 August 2010

AUDIT

1. Audit.

Hey guys lets split the paper again into 4 parts,

1. SA -20

2.AS - 15

3.Professional Ethics - 18-20

4.Other Auditing topics- Remaining 50

1. SA.

Please be thorough with questions in compilation of auditing. It will be around 24 pages and not more than that. While reading the compilation, please mark the standards which have been covered by the compilation in a separate sheet of paper.

Please read those standards in detail from an Exclusive SA book. I personally follow RAWAT for SA's. You will be required to cover around 20 SA's which will come to around 68 pages in RAWAT. Finish those standards and answer all questions from compilation assuring you 18-20 marks.

2. AS

I have mentioned about AS in the accountancy preparation strategy. That knowledge is sufficient.

3. Professional Ethics

This fetches a lumpsum and I would sincerely recommend you to read this from Padhukas only. There are 140 questions. please be sure about it and you can easilly get 90% of the marks allocated.

4. Others

I am splitting this into 2 parts

a) Compliation Covered areas

b) uncovered by compilation (SOX ACT, CIS auditing)

Please finish Section b thoroughly as these two chapters added in the new syllabus havent been tested in the previous two attempts. So please watch out for it.

Section (a), the most important area of this company audit and audit report. This will take care of another 20-25 marks. This you need to study from an exclusive auditing material like padhukas, VK.Agarwal, Surbhi, Kamal Garg, etc..

Total marks covered 20+15+20+25(excluding SOX and Cis)=80.

So, the remaining you can study from the smallest possible material avaliable in the market. I preferred VK agarwal as i felt it was the smallest. 

With this 55-60 is possible if you could reproduce the small parts which i have mentioned above.

My strategy is designed to score 60 with minimal effort and time.

Idhuvum Kadandhupogum

Maya

1 Like

NAMAN (CA, EY) (55 Points)
Replied 19 August 2010

HATZZZ OFF.......

NY 1 HAS A LINK TO ISCA PRACTICE MODULE.........

Laxmi N Shivalli (BCOM CA Qualified CS qualified)   (32 Points)
Replied 19 August 2010

Hi maya................thanx for  posts...................can u give same think for DT n costing

Replied 19 August 2010

Hey guys,

I shall be posting on the remaining subjects, DT,SFM,Costing and Law soon. Not able to find time but wanted to share this as your good wishes might really count for me to clear this november. All the best guys

2 Like

Replied 20 August 2010

LAW, DT , COST and SFM

1. Thesre are the 4 subjects where it has been very difficult to find short cuts, thats why i reserved it for the last.

2. I did try and break these into certain sections and found out that marks were coming from certain parts. Please be thorough with them and hope these guidelines help you.

LAW

1. IN case of law the split up is 70-30 in favour of corporate law.

2. Directors solely contribute for 25-30 marks of your corporate law paper.

3. There is generally a question always from dividend, foreign company, producer company, DIN - total marks 15 out of the 4 topics

4.Remaining form the remaining marks.

Where to study??????

1. In case of directors, I would like you all to study an exclusive material for that and supplement with compilation, whereas for other topics in corporate law, studies from compilation is more than sufficient. If you can reproduce, it would be lovely. Only the compnay name changes, the wordings remain same in the questions tested

Note:Till Nov. 2009, Compilation study was more than sufficient to score 55-60 in law(new final) as 70-80% questions were straight from there.
But during May 2010 exam, only 45-50 marks were from compilation and those who believed completely on compilation like me were stumped. So on analysis, Compilation doesn't seem sufficient for law, thats why i have requested you to have an exclusive material for Directors.

This would ensure 40/70

For other Laws:

God knows from where he tests, the choice the examiner has got is pretty wide. Please take a material smallest in size in the market and get a hold of all the laws before exams. This would help you score atleast 15/30

With this preparation minimum 55 is possible

Replied 20 August 2010

DT

1. In case of DT, we can separate that into Income Tax, Wealth tax, supplementary material and Selected cases.

I shall give you order of study for these subjects

a. Finish welath tax thoroughly -10 marks.

b. Read the supplementary material throroughly - 20 marks.

c, Read teh selected cases as it will surely come for 15 marks.

Remaining 55 marks are from the book. Finish Capital gains and Pgbp. Thats more than sufficient for you all to give a good show in papers.

d. Once you are done with all these topics, finish the assessment procedures. Do not read it to memorise. read it in a flow from an apt book. Read it twice before you for the exam.

This should definitely be sufficient for you to write for 90-95. This can fetch you 60 marks provided you score 35 on 45 out of a,b,c.

All the best

Replied 20 August 2010

Costing

Hello guys, Costing is the most dreaded subject and if you need to get 60 you need to go the dreaded way.

How to go about???????

1. Please finish QT along with all theory in that segment. total-30 marks Please ensure you get 25 on 30 in QT. please do not leave any topic as choice thinking you can compnesate. please work out all problems.

2.Standard Costing and Marginal Costing-25-30 minimum. Please guys spend 3 days working out all problems from the material you follow. This is my sincere advise as completion of 60 marks of costing is very dificult, then we need to think of scoring 60. If you need to score 60, its a pretty diffficult time out here.

3. Excluding the QT aspect of things, there is 10 marks for Costing theory, see to that you get 8/10 in costing theory which will effectively help you out well.

Expected scoring

QT- 25/30

Theory - 8/10

S.C and M.C- 20-30

Total -  53/70

Please try getting 7 more  with basic knowledge or basic attempting of all other questions. Enjoy Costing as there is no other alternative.

The way papers look, ICWA would fail in costing without enough preparation

CA Priyanka Jain (CA) (198 Points)
Replied 20 August 2010

hey thanx a lot. Nd plz tell about MAFA or SFM

Amee Shah Doshi (Professional) (40 Points)
Replied 20 August 2010

maya pls. tell me what does QT denotes in costing

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: