Some imp facts about eten classes

Ankur (CA Final Student) (999 Points)

17 November 2011  

I see many people get attracted towards Eten's Sattellite Classes due to lack of batches or distance between their homes and Face-to-Face Classes of their choice...

I had gone to them For FR and SFM of CA Final.............for the same reasons, but was grossly disappointed.......Here are some facts which you may not know until you get in to their classes...

1.Pravin Sharma's classes are never shown live! :

The classes he takes at Shah Auditorium are recorded and shown to us.....You do get notes of the classes though...So you cannot clear your doubts...

2.Video Archive: One of the major attraction of such classes is that you can see the videos again as per our wish......but sadly thats not the case....Your views are limited

a. During the classes you get limited views and as your classes progress the no of views increase gradually....

b.Video archive gets over one month after the attempt you have mentioned while admission.........

c.If somehow your video doesn't run, your views gets counted...

3.Technical faults are common at centers and Eten provides no re-run of such missed classes unless a majority of the centers were affected......It happened 4-5 times with me in SFM and i missed crucial lectures on Foreign Exchange and Derivatives.......If you complaint your video archive views get extended

4.You can never talk to people at Eten H.Q if you have problems at your center.........you are expected to give your problem to center manager and wait till eternity.......even if you talk to them, they take their centers side

5.The Video Archive Blackmail: Even for a small thing like asking for your regt.no or forcing you to select your exam attempt they tell that if you don't then your video-archive will get deleted...

6.Books are not available always on time: I got my SFM book good 3 weeks after my classes had begun and 2 weeks after for accts.......this was eten's fault...

7.You are on your own if the Center you enroll in doesn't support you......as i said above if you have any problem with your center........than you have no where to go........i haven't even got my ID-Card yet......and for good 45 days i had no "SAS"....instrument to contact the faculty.... at my center......

8.You are allowedto change your center only once, i had requested the center for change of center as my articleship had got over......i was turned away saying that your "video archive" will get deleted as system allows only 1 transfer.....

9.Eten is only 3yrs old...........they are not a very experienced company.........

Note:

I have tried to in-corporate as many points as i can remember, and some people might not have face many of these problems since some centers do look after their students....

But major problems i faced is that if your center is ir-responsible then Eten will not help you and there's no where to go....