Shouldn't companies look beyond attempts

CA, CS(Professional) ROHAN (B.com CA CS Sr officer -Finance & MIS )   (309 Points)

01 March 2013  

Hi all

This is just my look out and has nothing personal to any one on this site or outside it.Just thought to share with my fellow CCI members so i thought to write this

Yesterday during one of the interviews i found out a CA November pass out who was working part time in some CA firm and told me that he is not getting a single job. He was ready to work for even 20 thousand a month since he did not clear in first or 2nd attempt and did not even get shortlisted for campus.He also had financial pressures at home and had to earn something better.

I really felt sorry for him and told him to be patient and keep trying.

However after meeting him i just thought that shouldnt the companies in campus placements look beyond no of attempts. Isnt' it required that companies should at least call all the candidates registered for campus at different centres or arrange at least an online interview before just outright rejecting the application forms based on no of attempts mentioned ??

May  be even CA institute can take certain steps to at least filter the candidates by conducting personal insterviews or tests before sending the database to the companies in order to save time of the companies but at least giving all registered candidates an equal chance of selection

Even i cleared my CA in the last exam and had registered for campus but did not get a single call jus because  of my multiple attempts.Fortunately i had a job before exams where i am continuing post CA( but finding a better profile) so not a big worry for me but only judging of candidates calibre based on no of attempts is inappropriate according to me and should be stopped

Also some companies pay exhorbitant packages to rankers and first attempt candidates but it must be intimated to the recruiters that even multiple attempt students are equally patient and deserve at least some decent package as they also have equally worked hard ..and at least should not be hired for peanuts.I am not sayin that first rankers do not be paid so high packages but i think at least people with multiple attempts also require to be screened and paid appropriately.

Hence its my humble plea to all my CCI mates that we must do something in this regard coz a CA feels so humiliated that even after so much of efforts and hardwork he/she is being paid so low.

Again i repeat myself by saying that it is nothing personal to any one on this site or any comment or post on this site or outside it.These are my personal views and has nothing to do with my on application or otherwise.

Hope many of you will agree...