I am a tour operator, supply services under SAC Code:998555 and can’t take ITC. I give packaged services including Hotel, Vehicle, Boat tickets, entry tickets, meals, etc. and charge 5% GST. Should I upload purchase bills also in GST portal?
I am paying GST since November, till date I don't see any purchase bill auto populated, does that mean, the hotels who are charging GST are not paying GST to the government?
if you have purcahse invoice having GST no . and if it's still not showing in 2A for even a single month that means your supplier had not filed thier GSTR1 or they have forgot to upload your invoice. ask them about thier status of filling.
I am a tour operator, supply services under SAC Code:998555 and can’t take ITC. I give packaged services including Hotel, Vehicle, Boat tickets, entry tickets, meals, etc. and charge 5% GST. Should I upload purchase bills also in GST portal?
You cannot claim input tax credit on restaurants. Section 17(5) of CGST Act specifically mentions that input tax credit cannot be availed on supply of ‘food and beverages’, inter alia
Input tax credit on hotels (that is, staying in a room) is allowed.
But even in case of hotels, there is a minor problem. If you are registered in Mumbai, and one of your executives travels to Delhi and stays in a hotel in Delhi, then the input tax credit of the GST charged by the hotel in Delhi will not be available against the output tax liability.
This is because that Delhi hotel cannot charge IGST. In case of hotels, the ‘place of supply’ will be the place where the hotel is located. This means that, when your executive travels to Delhi for a meeting, the hotel will charge CGST and Delhi SGST, even if the invoice is in the name of the company located in Mumbai. The credit of Delhi CGST cannot be availed against output liability of Maharashtra SGST or even CGST on supplies from Maharashtra. So, that’s a loss.
The net position is this -
Input tax credit of restaurants is not allowed.
Input tax credit of hotels is allowed.
But if the hotel is located outside your state and you don’t have a registration in that state, then you will not be able to utilise the input GST that you paid to the hotel.
Input tax credit of hotels is allowed
Check with your Invoice weather your GSTN is updated. If not please make them to update it.
Also in addition to the above Points by experts, there is a posible reason that your supplier might be declared as B2C, insteaded of B2B. In that case you need to ask them to upload the revised return (At presently there is no such provision, may be later).
Leave a Reply
Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies