Should i get my account audit u/s 44AB

I am a partner of my partnership firm. Partnership turnover for the FY 2018-19 was 40,000,00. Partnership firm wants to declare net profit about 2%. Partnership firm already maintained books of account. now the problem is, If partnership firm declare the net profit about 2%, is it mandatory for the partnership firm to get the books of accounts audited.

Not required to get books of Account audited.

If turnover exceeds 1 crore then it is mandatory to carry out audit under 44AB.

1. The only criteria for carrying out tax audit u/s 44AB is only when the T.O or the gross receipts of the firm exceeds Rs. 1 crore during the year. If not then there is no need to carry out a tax audit. 
2. Hence, in your case irrespective of your profit percentage there is need to carry out tax audit. 
Please correct me if the above solution has an alternative view. 

but I think the is one condition in 44AB that if assesses declare less than prescribed rate profit and total income exceds basic exemption limit.

then assesses need to carry out audit u/s 44AB?

pls correct me

That is given under sec 44AD. no such conditions under sec 44AB. 

Respected Suresh Thiyagarajan
if partnership firm declairs net profit @ 10%of total turnover (40lakh) and claim remuneration and interest of capital then should i get account audited ?

Total likes : 1 times

"Do the Right Thing...!!!"

Yes... I agreed with Mr Suresh Thiyagarajan.

But, Must be file with books of accounts as per sec 44AA.

1. Since your T.o is less than Rs. 1 crore ( in case of a business) or Rs. 50 lakhs (in case of a profession) there is no for carrying out tax audit irrespective of the percentage of profit. 
2. In your case, there will not be tax audit as per sec 44AB. 
Please correct me if the above solution has an alternative view. 

Mr Pranav is correct

My clint got a notice from income tax department and clint had invest in shares but that was loss in shares but purchase amount or shares = 5 cr. and sale =4.89 cr mean to say loss has been consider so how to show my income in income tax return , do i have to gross turn over 5 cr or what

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

CCI MENU