ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Service tax registration in oct 2015 but service from aug

CA SONIYA AGARWAL (self practice) (2995 Points)

07 May 2016  

Respected Madam /Sir ,

One of my client look service tax registration in oct 2015 but he has been providing service of RENTING OF IMMOVABLE PROPERTY since Aug 2015 , so how to file my client service tax return, for oct 2015 to march 2015 its ok but what shall I do for month of August and september 2015 , will return be filed for these two months as well  or I can club august & september month rent in october since registration obtained from oct 2015. Rent received  per month from renting of immovable property is 399650/- ( exclusive of service tax and sbc).

Please provide your valuable advice as early as possible since its very urgent to me.

2 Replies

Niraj Kumar Sinha (Sr. Officer, SPSIL) (648 Points)
Replied 07 May 2016

In first year, Service Tax is payble after crossing limit of Rs. Ten Lac. In your case in the month of August and Sepetmber Service Value is 7,99,300/-, so you need not to file Return for the period from August and Septembe 2015.

Mir Irshad Ali (Partner) (192 Points)
Replied 09 May 2016

If the aggregate value of taxable services for 20-14-15 is less than Rs. 10 lakhs, then you can avail exemption from payment of service tax on the renting amount received in Aug-Sept-2015 and also from filing of ST-3 for April-Sept-2015, subject to the condition that no Service Tax has been charged to the service recipient on the renting amount received in Aug-Sept-2015.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags