Hi, I run an online business and my website provides the following -
1) One can buy products on my website - these products are not mine. I charge vendors a commission (of say 5%) for each sale through my website. the vendors sell products in their shop and through my website.
2) One can get details related to (say all gym instructors in mumbai) on my website - This service is free. It is more like freely available information.
My questions are as follows -
1) Has the rate of tax been changed from 12.36% to 14% and made effective?
2) Has education cess been removed and swachh bharat cess been made effective?
3) Is service tax payable after I have earned 9lk from my commission?
4) Suppose I earned Rs 100 as commission, what is my service tax?
5) Can I ask my vendor to pay my service tax on my behalf?
6) Suppose if the vendor is also required to pay service tax (for some service he is rendering), will I be responsible in any manner for such payment?
7) the vendor will pay VAT in this case?