GST Course

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Self study sfm ca final s d bala urgent!!!!!!!

I like the friendly atmosphere here and the fact the Aaditya jain sir is really close to the students. We are very supported in our studies by sir. We are enthused by the classes. 

15 Replies

Enigmatic N

Enigmatic N (student)     27 July 2011

please reply asap!!!!! i need to decide upon SFM!!!!!
SAJIT S NAIR

SAJIT S NAIR (INDUSTRIAL TRAINEE)     28 July 2011

I am not experienced, but I too, is in the same situation as urs.I have also not attended any classes. I bought SD bala and AN Sridhars Books. For theory these books as well as Practice Manuals along with RTPs will help.

Congrats for clearing Group 2 w/o any classes. Me too is going to attempt for 2nd group in November 2011, so can u please help me , saying ur strategies for the 2nd group subjects, so that I too can crack it. I find AMA as well as ISCA a bit difficult.

Enigmatic N

Enigmatic N (student)     28 July 2011

sajit!!! ISCA is just a mind block for ca final students for me...its the easiest subject in second group.....even i had these notions about the subject the best stratergy according to me for isca is: just keep making note of points and small phrases with technical words in each topic..... use madan with module use module for 3 rd chapter.. and last 4 chapters do IT act from PRACTICE manual..... please lay stress on SDLC CONTROL ERP & ACT also take a glimpse of practice manual at last
Enigmatic N

Enigmatic N (student)     28 July 2011

this was the strategy i followed u may also go just for madan with manual most of my frnds passed using it..... but important part is getting used to technical language and also seek the purpose behind the studying the subject ....let me know if u hav any further query....
Naveen.N

Naveen.N (student)     28 July 2011

S.D. BALA is very good for self preparation. It has covered both the practicals and theroy of each chapter.

If you solve this book twice before the exams.

you will easily get 60+

Devendran Ramaiyan

Devendran Ramaiyan (Asst. Manager Audit)     31 July 2011

Hi all

I have scored 207 in first group and failed in SFM (26 marks ) - I have failed the group because of this SFM.

Now I am planning to buy the SD Bala and Pattabiram only  and realised that study materials is very important since I have got exemption in Firnancials reporting from Only ICAI Materisl

Namita Gupta

Namita Gupta (job)     01 August 2011

according to me for sfm u should refer institute's module ,solve all the practical problems of module and for more practice in some topics refer sridhar.....

SAJIT S NAIR

SAJIT S NAIR (INDUSTRIAL TRAINEE)     01 August 2011

Thank u enigmatic for sharing ur views nad strategy.Will try to stick to it.

Jithin

Jithin (Learner)     01 August 2011

Originally posted by : Enigmatic N

Dear CCI Fellows

My query is regarding preparation of CA Final Strategic Financial Management….

I have cleared my Second Group in May exams and left with First Group Now!!!!!

I haven’t attended any classes for any subject and I am facing difficulty preparing for SFM…

I am thinking to go for SD Bala and Prabhattiram latest edition book!!!!!!!

But have following queries:

1 . Is the Book enough ?? if not what extra do I need to study????

2. Does the Book covers theory???? If not what should I go for for that????

3. Will this book give me enough practice to give a good show in my examination…..

I would be thankful if students who have cleared the exams or who are confident in the subject help me regarding strategy for this subject !!!!

Dear Enigmatic, congrats 4 clearing grp 2. Now u r half CA..Superb..

Here are my answers..

1)No, it isnt enough. It does not cover theory well & does not have a large number of exam level problems(majority of the problems given in the book are too simple). So u have to refer an additional reference book+study module(I am not saying u read the module..u have to just go thru it quickly to ensure that everything is covered by the reference books) + practice manuals.

2)No(as mentioned above). U can use any book which covers theory well & has got a large number of problems. I use Paduka which apparently covers theory well(havent read theory from the book as I havent yet started with theory). The book is in Q & A format and has a lot of such Q & As in respect to theory under every chapter. It of course has a wide range of problems. But the basic problem with this book is that it does not give u any sort of conceptual clarity. Suppose u dont understand something by reading Pattabhiraman(which is very unlikely as u normally grasp things from Pattabhiraman), u cannot rely on Paduka to understand that particular part. So it shall be better if the additional reference book u r buying gives u conceptual clarity too(cant suggest u a book as I havent read any other book).   

3)If u meant solving a large number of problems by 'practice', then again my answer is No. But Pattabhiraman will definitely help u in exam by making ur concepts strong. Simply by solving problems, u r not going to clear the exams with gud marks.

Pattabhiraman is a fantastic book & is an indispensable book 4 people doing self study. Its USP is the conceptual clarity it provides. So plss do buy this book. Along with it, buy another book which takes care of theory & problems. For further explanation regd Pattabhiraman, u may refer this link & read my reply there.  /forum/book-for-sfm-pattabhi-ram-or-sridhar--117331.asp

Regards,

Jithin

1 Like
CA ANKIT GUPTA

CA ANKIT GUPTA (EXPERT )     10 September 2011

is it possible to copy videos from the dvd's of jb gupta sir's cd to any portable disks...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register