ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Self study is what you need.

Nimish Jain (Internal Auditor/CA final student)   (240 Points)

08 July 2013  

We live in a world where following people like a herd of sheep has become a bigger problem than most of the others.

Most of us while joining the CA course worry more about which is the best coaching class around then signing the registration forms. The others worry more about which coaching are there friends joining.

I wanted to take out this thread to say, PLEASE STOP.

I am not against coaching. Neither am i telling you guys to not join classes. A little guidance is always healthy.

But most of us, as far as i have seen, are busy shelling out thousands without giving it a second thought. 

Coachings are not essential for claring CA exams. A clear mind is.

The books provided to you are all in the language that you are accustomed to. Why do we need to follow somebody who will make us sit for hours in a conference room with 300 other sheep ad spoon feed us.

What i have always believed since i joined this wonderful course is that its important to believe in yourself more than the guy who has a mic in his hand.

Please, atleast give it a try to study yourself before going for any kind of coaching because ultimately what y

ou study for 15 minutes yourself gets in your head better than what u learn for 2 hours in a class.

Thankyou!

30 Replies

*RENU SINGH * (✩ §m!ℓ!ñġ €ม€§ fℓม!ñġ ђ♪gђ✩ )   (21607 Points)
Replied 08 July 2013

really right ...concur with your views ...

anyways , m doing self study too cool

Ayyswariya RG (Knowledge Seeker) (3706 Points)
Replied 08 July 2013

Well Said ! Only through self study you actually understand better. It will enhance our knowledge to a great extent. enlightened

Taking up self study is one of the greatest step when many are on the other side going for coaching classes. yes

Our generation always expects everything to be spoon fed which is absolutely wrong! broken heart

Replied 08 July 2013

Absolutely. We can do our bit by encouraging people around us to believe in themselves.

DIVYA SONI (CA Final Student) (27 Points)
Replied 08 July 2013

Bt we need guidance about the ammendments and correct interpretation of law...

therfore it become necessary to do tutions.

Replied 08 July 2013

You can get all the guidance you need online and on CAclubindia website. or their official website.

Plus if you buy the latest books, they cover all the amendments.

DIVYA SONI (CA Final Student) (27 Points)
Replied 08 July 2013

ya u r right,,

bt for regular study,, i think it is right to take coaching

Ayyswariya RG (Knowledge Seeker) (3706 Points)
Replied 08 July 2013

Recent amendment and notifications are being intimated by our Institute then and there. Either Institute or other reference material can be purchased for the amendments . 

Replied 08 July 2013

Why do you need coaching for regular studies? i believe somebody who is sincere enough can study on his own.

Komal Sharma (Assistant Accountant) (1887 Points)
Replied 08 July 2013

True Self study is something which enhance our knowledge deeply.........................smiley

CA Suryakant Dubey (CA ) (931 Points)
Replied 08 July 2013

Coaching is just for guidance...Ultimately m agreeing with the fact that finally the self study is the only which conquer the battle...Bt CA is what about learning more than what books convey,Learning a course with industry specific requirements & standard can only be guided by the renowned professors in their respective feilds,,for those coaching classes are essential.....smiley,Professors in classes through their illustrations, recent cases in practical aspects links our theoretical knowledge with the practical ones.....smiley

Ravi Kumar Prajapati (CA FINAL) (766 Points)
Replied 08 July 2013

i am agree with nimesh that self study is mandatory to become a sucessfull CA. and i have also proved it i have passed my CPT & PCC in my first attempt without any coaching & now doing final without any coaching and hope for the best..

Replied 08 July 2013

@ Suryakant : How many of those professors actualy believe in going beyond bookinsh knowledge and being industry specific and whatever u r saying. Its a money making business and the worst part is that students are not even ignorant about it. They just dont wish to risk studying themselves. Yes! thats how they analyse risk.

For them,

Coaching + 2 attempts > Self study and 2 attempts.

1 Like

Replied 08 July 2013

@ Ravi Kumar : I never took coachings myself. It took me twice to get through PCC and i cleared CPT in one go easily. I have given my first CA final attempt this time and i m awaiting results.

CA Suryakant Dubey (CA ) (931 Points)
Replied 08 July 2013

I don't know about the business making coaching classes...bt the class where i am presently...is a best class i beleive to be a market specific CA....& to learn the subject practically...self study only helps to get a one line of veiws,vision that we decides...learning subject with a diversifying opinion,illustrations,case laws...make the subject remembered throughout the professional life....!!!smiley that what the benefit we would ensure....Self study  can helps us to clear the exams...bt what really matters the remembrance of the subject...!! Further your opinion is a matter of human & personal interpretation...that can vary smiley

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags