Section 10(15)(i) of the Income-Tax Act, 1961 - Exemptions

anthony (Finance)     10 June 2011

anthony
Finance 
 323 likes  7918 points

| My Other Post

SECTION 10(15)(i) OF THE INCOME-TAX ACT, 1961 - EXEMPTIONS - INCOME BY WAY OF INTEREST, ETC. , ON BONDS, SECURITIES - SPECIFICATION OF BONDS, SECURITIES , ETC., ISSUED BY CENTRAL GOVERNMENT - AMENDMENT IN NOTIFICATION NO.G.S.R. 607(E), DATED 9-6-1989

NOTIFICATION NO. 32/2011[F.No.173/13/2011-ITA.I] /S.O.1296(E), DATED 3-6-2011

In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-clause (i) of clause (15) of section 10 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961) the Central Government hereby makes the following amendment to the notification of the Government of India in the Ministry of Finance, Department of Revenue, Central Board of Direct Taxes, published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, section 3, sub-section (i), vide number G.S.R. 607(E), dated the 9th June, 1989, namely :—

In the said notification, in the Table, for serial number 9 and the entries relating thereto, the following serial number and entries shall be substituted, namely :—

1                     2
"9. Post Office Savings Bank Account
To an extent of the interest of3,500 in the case of an individual account and7,000 in the case of joint account"

2. This notification shall come into force from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette

2 Like
avater

M.com,CS,CA F Tushar Sampat (M.com CS,CA F)     10 June 2011

M.com,CS,CA F Tushar Sampat
M.com CS CA F 
 5065 likes  85617 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Thanks for the update

avater

CA ADITYA SHARMA (CA IN PRACTICE )     10 June 2011

CA ADITYA SHARMA
CA IN PRACTICE  
 2144 likes  16714 points

good updatation                             

avater

R.V.RAO (SERVICE)     08 November 2011

R.V.RAO
SERVICE 
 90 likes  4120 points

what use of allowing tax exemption on INTEREST ON  post savings bank a/c?

HOW MANY PEOPLE CARRY HUGE BAL. IN P.O S.B ACCOUNTS? WHY NOT EXTEND THIS BENEFIT TO THE POOR OLD SENIOR CITIZENS WHO SURVIVE ON P.O MI.I.S, AND S.C.S.S IN THESE DAYS OF ALARMING INFLATION.?

GOVT. BABUS AND POLITICIANS ARE  ALWAYS GENROUS ON LESS USEFUL OR NO USEFUL EXEMPTIONS  TO THE CITIZENS AND BLIND TO THE NEEDY AND PURPOSEFUL DEDUCTIONS AND EXEMPTIONS?

LET  GOD MAKE WISDOM PREVAIL IN THEIR  MINDS.

V.R.RAO

Vaibhav A. Vakharia (Article Assisstant)     29 February 2012

Vaibhav A. Vakharia
Article Assisstant 
 1 likes  34 points

My client has many post office saving accounts each with interest around Rs. 300 to 500, then the exemption will be available cumulative or for anly one account.

1 Like
avater

Yamini Choudhary (Article )     10 July 2014

Yamini Choudhary
Article  
 26 points

Wether interest on recurring deposit account of post office exempt u/s 10(15) or not???

Amit Kumar Bansal (Job/Blogger)     09 July 2019

Amit Kumar Bansal
Job/Blogger 
 26 likes  686 points

yes

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »