Salary Arrear without Bill

Sir,
I have not received my arrear of 6 Months for FY2018-19. Do I have to pay tax including arrear's amount.
Even though I don't know what exactly will be my arrear amount.
Case -
I worked in a xyz company from May 2018 to Sep 2018. (Gross salary for period is 150000 approx)
then I switched to another company but in new company I have not received my Salary from sep 18 to Mar 19.
My question is can I pay my tax in next AY when I will receive this period arrear.
Replies (5)

Yes, you can do that. Check any TDS reflecting in form 26AS.

As long as tax is not deducted you can declare salary income in the year of receipt and claim TDS as the same would be deducted by employer in that year. However, if tax is already deducted then it would be wise to declare the salary income in the year of tax deduction.
yes you can declare in the year of receipt and can claim relief under section 89 for Arrear salary
Sir, My previous company's TDS is reflecting in Form 26 AS.
Then it is wise to declare the income as well.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details