Revision in income tax return.

I have duly filled my itr on due date and it is successfully processed.

can I revise my return now???
Replies (7)

For ITR of AY 2019-20, you can revise it till 31st March, 2020.

I assume you are referring to AY 2019-2020.
You can file revised ITR under 31-3-2020 without late fee. But file only if genuine reasons.
Yes, you can revise your income tax return. If you are referring for Assessment year 2019-20, you can revise your return till 31-03-2020.
@ Mr Vikas Chauhan.,


Yes You can revise Your ITR if it's AY 19-20 in OR before 31st March 2020.
L file IT return in August for AY 2019-20 at the time of filing amount 1490 was shown due and same was paid on line same time but now my return is processed and shown demand due 1493 should I file revised return to clear the demand
Originally posted by : Dayachand Harit
L file IT return in August for AY 2019-20 at the time of filing amount 1490 was shown due and same was paid on line same time but now my return is processed and shown demand due 1493 should I file revised return to clear the demand

 

YES... YOU CAN.

You must file revised return as I advised you in my above post.

In addition - this is the only way to claim credit for SA Tax at the time of filing ITR . Unless you file revised return, the demand amount will continue to haunt you.

I assume that you paid tax but you didn't enter tax payment details in ITR before uploading.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details