Easy Office
LCI Learning

Results - only ICAI to be ashamed of itself

Page no : 6

Vinay Keni (CA Job) (92 Points)
Replied 24 July 2010

Even I being a regular follower of the CAclub discussions but never see such a logical & dynamic articles …. Really good work Prabhakar ..

The CA’s who are in war of worlds with you even knows that there is some thing fishy in the ICAI’s administration but they are not as dynamic as you , don’t know whom they are trying to impress… but anyhow love to see much more active participation from you in this club

CA Bharat Hirde (SAP Functional Consultant)   (134 Points)
Replied 24 July 2010

Dear Mr Aldrine,

Instead of going with the war of words, lets just sit back and analyze what actually is the point of discussion. Just imagine, when Mr. Prabhakar unintentionally gave an example of pigs, u got so much aggitated, then how we people might be feeling who are being treated like ones!!!

Dear Prabhakar SIr,

In this free country of expression, i know its in everybody's right to express himself. And you expressed yours, and Mr. Aldrine expressed his. I know you did'nt mean what you said and i fully agree with you for what you have said.

My point is that its a general phenomena that whenever anybody fails or looses, his peers, friends,family, eventhough verbally try to motivate that person, but in their heart they think that its only the person who is at fault. Nobody stands for a looser. Nobody wants to. I don't expect much from people like Aldrine and vikash, who got the fruits from ICAI. I only bother about the others, who have almost given their lives for this course.

I know that CA is an esteemed course, and i have full respect for it. But what is the point of it being so esteemed and not allowing people to get to reap its benifits!! If the institute wanted to select only the students with greater abilities and high standards, then it should have raised the bar in the exam itself. If one looks at the question papers, exception to the FM paper, all other papers were having average level of difficulty. They were not so easy and not so hard. Income Tax paper was purely ammendment based, and one could have easily predicted the results.  Institute always stresses on studying from module and suggested. I can guarentee that out of 90% failures, atleast 50% would definetly have reviewed the Suggested and RTPs to understand the pattern of questions and the writing style wanted by the institute. Even if you ask the Rank Holder, he would suggest everybody to read the module. So not everyone is a fool to not to have read the materials supplied by the insitute. But looking at the marks distributed, one can make out that those who studied the course material were also not spared.

Then from where should one study???

Then you compare yourself with the IITs And the IIMs!! Its a hard fact to accept but the IIMs are far ahead of us. Their knowledge is completely practical based. Their apptitude level is much better than us and so are  their packages.

CA is not the ultimate course to strive for. Its merely  a gateway from where one can find his own way to success. Institute must understand that raising the bar of selection won't solve the purpose. Ultimately people will find other paths, and a time will come when no one will opt for the course. Same thing happened with CFA course. Their selection criteria was extremly tough. Only few could make through out of thousands of students. Ultimately it resulted in more demoralised students and very less registrations. Finally they had to easen up the selection process.

One more thing i came to know, that the institute wanted to give a terrible blow to the coaching institutes. It might be a rumor, but the fact is that institute was always against them. well i agree that students should try to learn the things by themselves, but it is also true that coaching institutes are a great platform for a student to grow.They tend to get the knowledge, guidance and experience of so many learned proffesionals. Eventhough in articleship also one tends to gain knowledge, but the things one lacks in articleship is gained in coaching classes.The main being support.

Said all these things i seriously doubt the future of thousands of failed students including me. Many may clear the exam in future, but the thing is that Drinking water is usefull only when you are thirsty. Once the thirst is over, then its a waste. Same goes with CA.

I hope these discussions will be an eyeopener for the institute, and their will be more people like Prabhakar sir,who openely came to support the cause of students.

seeker (JUNIOR OFFICER) (227 Points)
Replied 24 July 2010

Respected Sir

These are rare but fortunate moments of forum when there is such a high quality debate on the State of profession. I only have to ask premission from you all members to assume

If the ICAI Mnagement Body is selected by pass out practicing C.A in market then ICAI  Body will never do any thing that go against the interest of current C.A

Can I conclude from tham 

A). Low pass percentage suits whom students or praticing C.A

There will be less competition in Market for practicity C.A for business as almose nil New C.A are joining in Market.

B). Low Stipend suits whom

Practicing C.A They get almost free skilled labour for free. With

no accountability to any body for their training.

C.  Restriction after iind year transfer for whom

As iind year onwards article possess skill equivalent to a Paid accounts Asst. So there is restriction for skilled bonded labour's movement.

D. Such a Long Period of Article ship suits whom

Evne an intern in M.B.B.S is of 1.5 years after 4 years of Regular Study, when why to tick and file return you need slaves for three years and that too bonded labour in iind and three years.

This is draw back of democracy , No Indian Govt can remove reservation so people are getting reservation now upto three Generaation. In democracy you have to make only popular decision no matter it ultimately proove bad for people.

Similiarly no Elected president can make any sea change in system against the interest of current C.A

It is Market Privatization which has done wonder in India , let us wait till then, curse God to take birth in a developing, least governed, Mentally Slave people of past one thousand years called India where life of human has no value.

Solution

Daily pray Mr. Kapil Sibbal Central Education Minister that he opens Education Sector for foreign universities and bodies so that ICAI, BCCI and many other Iyes become a page of History.

jose.p (CA in service) (1676 Points)
Replied 24 July 2010

I am an advocate of all coaching classes. There are ,for obvious reasons, black sheep in the big farm. I like attending coaching class not to ogle at s*xy girls(final mein s*xy girls kamm hi milenge); but because my teachers help me understand the subject better, in an exam oriented way and many times share their professional experience with us relating to the topic. Does our principal at the firm do this? Never(in 99pc case). My CA says," don't get the illusion that i am keeping articles for teaching. This is a business and i am not social worker or teacher." Even if he shares with me 1 example/experiene in the field of Income Tax; i will shave my head and beard.Kasam se! In many of my earlier post; i have alleged the same thing about the children of council members. Sirf unke bete,betiyan hi CA bane. In uttam agarwal's family;there are more than 30 CAs.He claimed that in 2009.We need an Supreme Court intervention to check into results debacle. there is no hope from Central govt; as our union minister Salman is more interested in woman CAs.

Replied 24 July 2010

To whom it may concern; By comapring CA course with ICAEW's 78pc; we don't mean that make our CA results also like that. But 3pc means too less. how can pass percent become 3pc from 27pc in 2 years. That's cheating yaar.

CA Mohit Saxena (FINANCE MANAGER) (343 Points)
Replied 24 July 2010

I think institute shoud consider its responsibility & make examination pattern more transparent

so that students can see their copies bcoz after results most of d students wondering where they got wrong. If every thing is fair then what is the fear to show them.

Mr. President continously saying that v should take articleship seriously, ok we r doin bt can he tell wen he is going to raise stripend ( Just Rs. 1250/- pm i.e. Rs. 42/- per day). 

Rs. 5,000 is proposed from last 3 years bt no one has time to approve it.

Ajay k (Consultant) (91 Points)
Replied 24 July 2010

The Best part is...its those same coaching classes who still publicize every year that...this rank student studied here and there...ICAI is trying reverse psychology i guess....but its back firing badly....more and more students are joining coaching classes.....and they are here to stay...If ICAI materials were updated... regularly and given in a timely manner, y wud people want to go for coaching classes?? Most of the time we go to the regional office, they say material is out of stock...or out of print.. I am sure one day ICAI will learn a lesson....What goes around comes around....They just shot themselves in the foot...Students are so frustrated and harassed....they have been pushed to the limits...If this continues...im sure there will be an uprising...and the people at the helm of affairs better beware....

Replied 24 July 2010

All of us let us join together and do a bit of Gandhigiri.....
Let us send some flowers to the President and the members of the Board of Studies and wish them to get well soon........
Checkout this site
https://www.fnp.in/fnp/faces/tiles/catalogue.jsp?catalogueID=2
Well if the Institute guys are watching this and plan to d...estroy my CA career.....i give a damn...I am also doing law and other PG courses including Doctorate.... I have plenty of career options....No one can decide ones destiny....We write our own destiny....No one can put us down and make us feel inferior.....We don't need a certificate of proof from any one or any Institute to prove to the world we are intelligent and capable....We know what we are....

Replied 24 July 2010

checkout this video.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKVNXOJJGOo

Brothers in arms.....out to destroy the lives of the students..... Many thought that they didn't see eye to eye and had sever ego issues..... ...But looking at video....it tell a different story....i guess there is some competition out there to see which President destroyed the most number of lives......or who is going to give the least pass %.....

CA Uday Kiran (Chartered Accountant) (85 Points)
Replied 25 July 2010

First of all thank you Sir, for this post. I too share similar thoughts. Its time for the Institute to act and bring in the computer evaluation system like the CFA institute, which would be more transparent and free from bias of subjective evaluation. After all there are thousands of careers at stake.

And all the coaching classes should be banned or else some kind of regulation should be introduced. Many of them are misleading students and parents by showing wrong picture of the examination results.

1 Like

Student (XXXX) (28 Points)
Replied 26 July 2010

I just have 1 question, can so called president has guts now to address student regarding the poor result ?or still he is busy to earn some money from other means.

After such a poor result, not even a single comment came from president. This only shows how much he is bothered about students. All these things happening just because of selfish motive of president. he dont want to clear result which will effect his own practice in future.

We really did blunder by selecting such a selfish person as a president.

sucheta (cs inter and CA FINAL student)   (598 Points)
Replied 27 July 2010

I think Institute itself should think what they are doing with the career of students.I was ranker in my educational field and have never experienced failure in my life but this ICAI had made me experienced this.In may 2010 I have given my fourth attempt in PCC and last tym i was failed just for 4 marks.My intention is not comparing others result with mine but friends i knw a grl who even dont knw the spelling of Company but she cleared her PCC in first attempt and the students who are really devoted to their studies are experiencing failure.But to conclude i just wanns say that "WRITING THREADS ABOUT ICAI WILL NOT BRING ANY CHANGE ITS TYM FOR US TO STAND TOGETHER AND DO SOMETHING.WE KNOW OUR INSTITUTE AND WHAT THEY WRITE IN JOURNALS TO RESPECT OUR INSTITUTE ICAI BUT HOW CAN WE RESPECT SUCH INSTITUTE WHO IS SPOILING THE LIFE OF THEIR STUDENTS.B'COZ RESPECT UNKO KIYA JAATA HAI JO HAMARI LYF KO GUIDE KRTE HAI LYK OUR PARENTS AND SENIORS BUT OUR INSTITUTE ITSELF HAS SPOILED OUR LYF"

Replied 27 July 2010

File a writ against its examination committee in Supreme Court.If u are stuck in pcc, god help u in final!

sucheta (cs inter and CA FINAL student)   (598 Points)
Replied 27 July 2010

wat u meanMr. jose? Do u think its my fault u knw wat jose a student never fails on his /her own wish its our institute who is spoiling me and my career.I myself is ashamed coz i have 2 face my competitors who are doing other courses now and are far better than me 

Replied 27 July 2010

Believe in God, my sister; u will pass pcc with flying colours.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: