Online Updated Classes for CA CS CMA Subjects for Nov 21/May 22 Exams. Enroll Now!! Call: 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat)     11 November 2012

Restructuring of ca profession

RESTRUCTURING OF CA PROFESSION
Every profession is good but CA is one of unique profession among all. It has widest area of different opportunities among all the profession.
BUT DUE TO FAULTY POLICIES :
1. There is unnecessarily increase in the numbers

( without taking economic conditions in mind ) to show the world highest number of CAs in India.
2. Unproductive GMCS course developing NIL qualities in CA students because most of the students play games on their mobiles during such session of 3 hours !
No performance of students is checked after conducting such programs.
3. Unproductive CPE hours killing 30 valuable hours of CAs the opportunity cost of which is not less than Rs.75k and most of the late coming members are more interested to be outside the hall enjoying gossip. It clearly means no value addition is there by such programs.
The learning is measured in terms of "Number of Hours" than "Actual Learning in Terms of Excellence."
4. Whenever a Mega/National/Regional Conference is arranged; generally more than 90 minutes are wasted either starting it late than the scheduled time and/or by "unproductive" lectures of dignitaries on the dais killing valuable time of all.
5. Importance of subjects is not clearly addressed to the members. If it is explained; the methodology is not presented.
There is always a shortage of time to reply when important queries are raised by the members.
6. In some cases; examination copies are checked by articled clerks !

( Previously copies of Law Subjects were used to be checked by judges of High Courts ) !

40 Replies

CA Bhargav Nathwani

CA Bhargav Nathwani (CA in Practice)     11 November 2012

Very true... Share this

Deepak Gupta

Deepak Gupta (CA Student)     11 November 2012

6. In some cases; examination copies are checked by articled clerks !

( Previously copies of Law Subjects were used to be checked by judges of High Courts )!

If somebody is listening at the council: Please revert back to Judges. There is not even a remote possibilty for an article to act as an examiner. Don't play with the efforts and sentiments of a student.

( “Bahre ko sunane ke liye dhamake ki zaroorat hoti hai” - Bhagat Singh)

1 Like
Neha sharma

Neha sharma (-)     11 November 2012

I agree with you surendra sir...

I think the course curriculum also needs to be changed which is a major drawback in our curriculum... moreover industrial training should be allowed from the 1st year itself...

Pulkit Sharma

Pulkit Sharma (CA Practice)     11 November 2012

and isca in final. why same things repeated 1000 times. we dont have the patiance to byheart/gut the whole book at this stage. we are not kids. we understand what is the purpose of isca and its really useful but it need to be re compiled. i feel its important but i also think few more topics can be added instead repeating the same thing 1000 times. and confusing the topic with same topic.
1 Like
* Krishna *

* Krishna * (CA Student)     11 November 2012

Fully agreed Surendra Sir ji. I too feel the course curriculum should be changed in line with the industry requirements. Even in ITT and Orientation programs, majority of students at some branches are just playing with mobile as expressed by you. As many of the companies are using ERP softwares like SAP, students should be taught atleast the basics/working knowledge in this area.

1 Like
Rahul Bansal

Rahul Bansal (Finalist)     11 November 2012

Atleast GMCS training should be online now...........as it is not at all useful to go and waste time there like ICSI is giving EDP and SIP training online..........

RAKESH

RAKESH (Almost CA)     11 November 2012

I feel in ITT instead of Tally ERP softwares like ERP, SAP should be implemented so that they can be in line with the industry requirements. It should be helpful and not painful because of wastage of money and time. Even students attending feel that money is wasted but they try to console themselves by saying that they got leave from office. 

1 Like
DrSANGITA PHD MBA(usa)CACSCWA

DrSANGITA PHD MBA(usa)CACSCWA (President Finance & Taxation)     11 November 2012

CA is become & taken more as a Status symbol by Students now a days to show that they are doing something different from the world, & ICAI has created a Hype for itself by rather self Proclamation. If GMCS taken in Proper sense & ICAI becoming strict on the GMCS aspect then it is very Good for the soft skills but ICAI is more interested in earning then Imparting real sense hard core training. & what i have heard that hence forth even inter students have to do 1 round of GMCS in Inter & second in Final. Looking at the papers set in this attempt I think ICAI is just loosing its credibility. If ICAI has to come back to its real meaning then the Board will need to do a BPR activity, Else I feel a day will come when there will be 25lkhs students & Avg results since last 2 Yrs @ 15 - 16%% for Final,  Keeping the same I feel there will be addition of appx 4Lkhs CAs P attempt ie 8 lkhs P/A. in 2009 - 10 there were appx 4 - 5 lkhs studs in CA in 2012 - 13 same strength is 10 Lkh +  Keeping this increase rate in line (150%)over 2008 - 09 figur 25 Lkhs is not far to attain by 2015 - 16 max. & with all due Respect to CA Surendra R  Sir I dont disagree with what you say but dont even fully agree as now a days CA has started loosing its inherent value coz of the Menace of Dummy articles & the type of Papers & most Imp the Money making Tactics of the Pvt coaching classes by unnecessar projecting that to pass CA is too Tough. Sir Honestly I have started feeling Pity for CA course. Its high time ICAI Look into it

2 Like
CA  SURENDRA  KUMAR  RAKHECHA

The readers would be surprised to know that in Surat normal accountants are earning Rs.5-6 lacs per annum

and

qualified fresh CAs? 

(See my recent post at caclub : A Driver Vs. Fresh CA)

The difference is due to ATTITUDE of fresh CAs towards their career. 

They want JOB and Accountants want their own PROFESSION !

DrSANGITA PHD MBA(usa)CACSCWA (President Finance & Taxation)     11 November 2012

Sir if you can tell me How much a CA is earning ? then I will tell you at what Package we have appointed a CA of May 2012 batch  in our company just last Month

1 Like

In Surat a practising  CA is earning  in the range of  6-50 lacs per annum and even some are earning much more than that.

Fresh CA (even if Ranker) : BHOOL JAAO 

Many are sitting at home....how many such CANDIDATES your company does require?

1 Like

Actually there are drastic changes in the profession but students never listen to seniors in practice. They believe in COACHING CLASSES and not on the words of  PRACTISING CAs. 

They dislike PRACTICAL training 

( although "repeated work" is performed by Resident Doctors also but they never complain and.... result we know very well ).  

Even SMART LOOKING ARTICLED TRAINEES  don't have their eyes open where they can easily see that by doing such a simple looking AND repeated work their boss is earning well. 

Since they dislike the work allotted to them; they are unable to do that simple work also after qualification. 

ASK ANY CA STUDENT WHETHER (S)HE LIKES ARTICLESHIP TRAINING?

2 Like

We appointed at 2.38 Lkh CTC ( Sir Not even take Home its CTC )

Sir during Interview when I asked that CA to calculate how mich is the Present Value of his salary @ 12% inflation & using 10% coupon rate sir to my surprise he told me that I have not given him the PV for the 2 years so he cannot calculate, Sir tell me what best could I have offered him. I think what he offered is also bit high. Sir its the big menace of this Coaching classes & loads of to be said text books ( Rather none are text books Most of them are just those exam compiliers) that some how this students manage to pass & gosh very Pity on their degree

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags