Easy Office

Restructuring of ca profession

Page no : 2

DrSANGITA PHD MBA(usa)CACSCWA (President Finance & Taxation)   (405 Points)
Replied 11 November 2012

Siryou are from Surat toh su aap Gujarati cho sir, I am a Gujarati

R Sriram (Manager - Internal Audit - Insurance)   (46 Points)
Replied 11 November 2012

I think attitude of current generation towards work on the whole is becoming bad. This is mainly because of the way people were paid by IT and ITES services and  people were also getting Jobs very easily. Hence the term loyalty towards an organisation started missing in the minds as people were jumping jobs at will and were getting jobs @ 30% hike even if they stayed just a year in the previous job. This was also happening in CA. I remember people getting placed at 9-10 lacs p.a easily upto 2006-2007. In all these jobs which were offered, people were revenue centre (Both CAs and Non CAs), hence they were paid so much.

Now all these jobs are getting vanished from the market. But the mind is still living with the old ego thinking that they can just like that get a Job for the CTC they want. In the current time period value of what company is investing as CTC is seen by organisations and they are looking for what they will get back. There are not much revenue centered jobs as outsourcing is coming down. In this scenario, role of CA again is coming back to cost center viz finance, accounting, audit, taxation for which much salary cannot be expected. In the past these jobs were also paid well coz there was no other go as CAs were opting high paid IT and ITES jobs and to match that company's had to pay like that to recruit. 

To add to it the number of CAs for service is drastically increasing and for practice is becoming lesser and lesser which is i think creating an imbalance which is sad.

Students are yet to understand these things which they should given the standard of our curriculum and try to adapt and mature. And yes these things will get built in automatically when articleship is taken seriously which is the greatest advantage of our course. Im yet to become a CA, but im still doing fine with inter. This is only because i took Articleship very seriously and which has brougth lot of traits like loyalty, hardwork, adaptation, discipline, respect etc.

CA course has great curriculum including articleship to build this trait in us which we will make us to with stand any recession. We should just no go by CTC. In such situation we should be happy that we have some CTC while others are difficult to find jobs. Just have a look at engineering campus placements nowadays!!!. 

Ta ta ba bye

1 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by : DrSANGITA PHD MBA(usa)CACSCWA

Sir during Interview when I asked that CA to calculate how mich is the Present Value of his salary @ 12% inflation & using 10% coupon rate sir to my surprise he told me that I have not given him the PV for the 2 years so he cannot calculate, Sir tell me what best could I have offered him. I think what he offered is also bit high. Sir its the big menace of this Coaching classes & loads of to be said text books ( Rather none are text books Most of them are just those exam compiliers) that some how this students manage to pass & gosh very Pity on their degree

Dr.Sangita mam..With all due respect for you..i have a question.

How can you ask such a question in an interview which requires calculations which cannot be done without a calC.. I dont get how u calculate 1/1.13 without a calC if the coupon rate in your ques is 13%

Hope you provided him a calculating device..

not to show disrepect but i got shocked to know such question asked in an interview..

I Guess you intended the logical explanation to solution w.r.t the above question..if it is true your question is worth is 100/100 in an interview to a CA fresher

Not to hurt your feelings but just curious

Deepak Gupta (CA Student) (15922 Points)
Replied 12 November 2012

Originally posted by : CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA

Actually there are drastic changes in the profession but students never listen to seniors in practice. They believe in COACHING CLASSES and not on the words of  PRACTISING CAs. 
They dislike PRACTICAL training 
( although "repeated work" is performed by Resident Doctors also but they never complain and.... result we know very well ).  
Even SMART LOOKING ARTICLED TRAINEES  don't have their eyes open where they can easily see that by doing such a simple looking AND repeated work their boss is earning well. 
Since they dislike the work allotted to them; they are unable to do that simple work also after qualification. 

ASK ANY CA STUDENT WHETHER (S)HE LIKES ARTICLESHIP TRAINING?

There are still many students who love their work during articleship. In return CA is also willing to give responsibilities in the office and independent handling of work. I know many students who are working equivalent to a full time employee in their firms because they are getting the job done for their CAs in lowest possible cost. They have done their training seriously with full dedication and have given their 3.5/3 years of life to their CA Principal.
But among them, many are struggling hard to balance the time between office and studies. As a result, they are taking more time in passing the exams. My CA has many dummy articles. They just come in the office after many months for few minutes of formalities and everybody is passing the exams at their very first attempt. Here the comparison starts. People start comparing these 2 students. He may not have practical knowledge but has the degree and people think he is brilliant whereas the regular article is considered as a dumb student. This makes him think that has he done the right thing by putting so much of efforts in his articleship. But no regrets.
Now people may say that you cannot escape your studies. You have to put efforts. Work round the clock. But it’s easier said than done. Me and many of friends article timing was 10.00 am to 8.00 pm. Now by the time a student reaches home after a hard day at office, he is not in a position to study. Even if he drags himself to books, the output will not be there. I am not talking about the minimal amount of exceptional beings. I am concerned with the mass level of students, who pursue this course with a dream to change their and their family’s lives.
CAs also need to consider one thing, that if a student is serious in his training then please don’t exploit him to such an extent. Help him to achieve his goals and do not use him to achieve your goals.
When they go for job, companies reject their CV without even testing their knowledge because they have taken more attempts (number of attempts is a criteria in selection procedure) in passing the exams whereas dummy article is shortlisted. I agree practicing is the real CA profession but many can’t afford the initial cost so they go for job and find it hard to find. This plants unnecessary thoughts in their minds and mental peace is disturbed. Ultimately many settle for low pay jobs due to their economic conditions which bring them on par with a dummy article on monetary terms. Now where this knowledge is going to take him.

1 Like

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26258 Points)
Replied 12 November 2012

I AM OF STRONG VIEW THAT THERE IS NO NEED OF ANY FORMAL QUALIFICATION TO HAVE A BRIGHT CAREER. 

True Education is what we have learned and not what we have in the form of papers (degrees). 

If someone has common sense to puruse others to get their work done; so after taking assignments from clientss; they can hire services of qualified persons (many are in queue seeking job) and can earn a lot. 

So; to my view; even UNSUCCESSFUL CA STUDENTS  can earn more than QUALIFIED CAs. 

(It doesn't mean that students must not try for qualification).

SO FOCUS MORE ON LEARNING THAN PASSING.

( Written on the basis of my practical experience). 

2 Like

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26258 Points)
Replied 12 November 2012

@ Ramakrishna, 

Even if interviewer asks something different which is difficult to answer; a CA is expected to answer in every situation. He could immediately translate the figures in some round figures and could ask for calculator if he required.

A CA should not hesitate to show his CAPABILITIES to the prospective employer. If something is almost impossible; then that may be drawn to the notice of the interviewer.

We have seen many times that sometimes in question papers of CA; there are deliberate mistakes to judge whether the candidate is in the capacity to find mistake and can raise his own query. 

In such situations; most of the students confuse and write something else which were never desired from a prospective CA (immediately after passing exams). 

Even if he is selected or not; he will learn something for the next term.

This ZEAL is required in every student. 

I raise again one query :

How many students do refer the full syllabus of CA course at the time of joining CPT?

(It clearly means they are not focused on the course; the are focused on the "Steps" than the "Hill"). 

1 Like

CA Dileep Surya Kumar (B.com, ACA, CS) (3786 Points)
Replied 12 November 2012

UNEMPLOYMENT IN CA 

IF a professional course cannot guarantee a job then what is a point of doing that course .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spending 5 crucial years of your life...is not easy . 

Any degree is of use only if it help us to survive and earn after all you go for higher education only because you want a better job, better salary and of course knowledge . Somewhere down the line it is ve

ry tough to accept the fact that you are unemployed after putting in so much efforts . With regard to professional attitude CA pass out are professionals but CA firms do not have as they offer such low package.

Now a days coaching centers are making business with the money of students by announcing that there are lot of need of chartered accountants say 20 lakh (especially in Andhra pradesh :P).This is just fooling the parents who are easily taken in by such advertisements. 

Even some of the colleges have started this practice advertising on the college boards that they give CA foundation from 10th class onwards( God grace not from LKG).

Please understand the situation, think then decide, in coming few day the career of future CA will/may be dark. Make make sure that you(student) take the course as your choice.

Consider No Institute (IIM ,IIT or ICAI ) guarntee 100% job placement.

Think ..Jai ICAI
2 Like

(Guest)

""Even if interviewer asks something different which is difficult to answer; a CA is expected to answer in every situation. He could immediately translate the figures in some round figures and could ask for calculator if he required. . A CA should not hesitate to show his CAPABILITIES to the prospective employer. If something is almost impossible; then that may be drawn to the notice of the interviewer. . We have seen many times that sometimes in question papers of CA; there are deliberate mistakes to judge whether the candidate is in the capacity to find mistake and can raise his own query.  . In such situations; most of the students confuse and write something else which were never desired from a prospective CA (immediately after passing exams).""

very nice view sir..thankyou

HARI KRISHNA (B.COM ACA CMA) (412 Points)
Replied 12 November 2012

you are absolutely correct surendra sir as our institute is concentrating on more result and forgotten to produce qualitative professionals. 

I request all the ca students that join in a institue who gives coaching for knowledge and not for marks.

Make a SWOT analysis while joining in a CA Coaching centre

GMCS is a big asset for every budding Chartered Accountant. So while joining in GMCS better join in a place where you will get Conceptual knowledge and see that they are capable in developing communicatin skills are not

Zulfikar Surti (Student) (431 Points)
Replied 12 November 2012

Here I want to say that CCI is slowly becoming like UPA govt. 

ICAI is obviously like CAG.

Low result - ICAI shouldn't  do this.

High result - areey yaar what ICAI is doing???????

Low result in Campus - Crap, they can not arrange it well  !!!!

Low practice - ICAI MUST do some thing.

In last budget Sec. 44AB limit increased to 1 crore - Hey, What council members are doing man? 

Coming to point,

Much known MNCs like TCS, Reliance, Infosys, Wipro hire fresh graduates at the minimum salary of 15K.

ICAI made rule for direct articleship after graduation, CCI started to blame. But, I ask what is wrong in it?

If Sens*x listed companies can give 15K to fresh graduates, Why should CA student be restricted to joinn articleship at 1K if they ant to really learn?

Remember one thing,

IF A PERSON WANTS TO LEARN, THEN IT IS A DUTY OF SOCIETY TO GIVE HIM A REASONABLE OPORTUNITY TO LEARN. 

1 Like

Zulfikar Surti (Student) (431 Points)
Replied 12 November 2012

It is upto you that whwther you really want to learn or like to play mobile games.

If you want to learn none can stop you.

And yes Respected CA. Surendra Sir,

One of my relative is just B. com. with 2nd class, but he has good knowledge of Indirect taxation, and it is resulted in his CTC of Rs. 4.5 lakh p.a. in Surat surprise  

3 Like

Saurabh Gattani (CA) (122 Points)
Replied 12 November 2012

One thing, i like to suggest is dat instead of 3 yrs of articleship....ICAI should make only 1.5 yrs of articleship & 1.5 years of mandatory  & not optional industrial training...so 1 can get the xperience of CA firms as well as corporate working......

By this a CA passout will be ready to fight at both the ends after qualifying be it practice or service

*RENU SINGH * (✩ §m!ℓ!ñġ €ม€§ fℓม!ñġ ђ♪gђ✩ )   (21627 Points)
Replied 12 November 2012

Originally posted by : CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA

6. In some cases; examination copies are checked by articled clerks !

R u serious .............  ???????

paridhi (CA Final) (44 Points)
Replied 12 November 2012

@ renu singh: Yes, this is indeed true..and shameful too!  

(Guest)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: