Regarding deletion of PAN

Rajat Sharma (467 Points)

05 January 2024  
Sir with due respect I want to know that I was the holder of PAN and I was filled my income tax return upto f y 21-22 but due to. oversight I was in receipt of another PAN and requested to AO. to delete my old pan because my new number auto linked with my aadhar card.The said AO say me the AO jurisdiction of your old pan is lying with another AO,and I requested to AO jurisdiction to delete my PAN with request letter and affidavit.Sir yesterday I was surprised that after more than 8 months the AO to whom I requested to delete my old pan,he has returned me all documents with all grievance filed time to by saying that your both PAN lying with the said AO to whom I was requested earlier and he give me advice to contact to another AO. Sir due to not linking of my PAN with my old PAN my business is suffering with loss.But no body delete my old PAN.Sir I have waste more than 8 months in this regard but both the AO not take the decision who will take the case of deletion or retained the PAN.please give me advice.Thanks