Reg show cause notice

Hello Sir,

My client has been served a notice reg service tax, where he (advertising agency) charged gross value of advt. in print media (news paper) to his client charging service tax only on his commission/discount part and not on the gross value of the bill and the client paid the same by deducting TDS. And the agency was billed by the print media (news paper) for the same excluding his commission/discount. It can be detailed as:

Print Media to Agency (Disc. @ 15%)

Cost of Advt.                              100.00

Less:Comm/Disc. @ 15%           15.00

Bill Amount (100-15)                   85.00

Paid by agency to Print Media    85.00

Agency to Client

Cost of Advt.                                                      100.00

Add: Service Tax @ 15% on Comm 15.00             2.25

Bill Amount (100+2.25)                                       102.25

Paid by client to agency by deducting TDS        (102.25-TDS)

Now, there is a mismatch between ST return (as Taxable Value 15.00, Service Tax 2.25) and 26AS (Total Credit 100.00). Also noted, ITR had been filed as G.T. as 100.00. So now, the Service Tax authority demanding Service Tax on Rs. 100.00. Can you please help me in this regard?

Thanks in advance.



Hello Sir,

1.     I am a tax payer(retired Army personal) paying tax on pension as well as fixed deposits interest. I have made five number of Fds amounting Rs- 4 lacs between the year 2012-13 with UCC Bank Kanpur (UP). The reserve bank had cancelled the bank license on 27 Jan 2015. Since then neither the interest nor the capital have been paid. Is there any section in ITR where I can claim loss of interest or capital. The govt in deducting  TDS on my fixed deposits  made in another banks. 

2.     As the disability income for defense personal is exempt from tax. The bank credit normal as well as disability pension as a hole amount in account monthly, should I fill total income in ITR-1 after deducting DE pension and mention DE pension total in Exempt income column?. or fill any other ITR . Thanks(pl educate me)



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register