Easy Office

rank holders--some r dummy

Page no : 2

Jagdish Narayan Sawant (chartered accountant) (78 Points)
Replied 20 November 2009

i m completely agree with Rohit.

CA CS CIMA Prakash Somani (Landmark Group) (23502 Points)
Replied 20 November 2009

Dummy may or may not got rank.. or dummies only get rank that depends on case by case. They may pass in exams but may fail when it comes to question of practicle experience :)

jose.p (CA in service) (1676 Points)
Replied 20 November 2009

First of all,can ICAI guarantee equal practical exposure in all fields?

Asking viva is therefore not feasible.

those guys are lucky ; as they get both practical exposure as well as enough time to study for exams.

The things those guys learn in one year is more than i can learn in 3.5 years in my firm-just filing e-returns,asking for refunds,tds,audit report,bank reco.Woh cheej toh bcom pass bhi karr sakte hain. Can ICAI ensure that students like me rotting in mid-sized firms get exposure like those guys.

Toh those guys;god has given you such a wonderful opportunity. Aish karo. Don't waste this opportunity and score at least 65+ in CA finals.best of luck.uttam agarwal kaa bapp bhi kuch nahi kar sakta

1 Like

NANDINI MASAND (learner ) (330 Points)
Replied 20 November 2009

agreed  with rohit  n   prakash  ....................they  r absltly right.

shinoj (ab) (1201 Points)
Replied 20 November 2009

Originally posted by :jose
" First of all,can ICAI guarantee equal practical exposure in all fields?
Asking viva is therefore not feasible.
those guys are lucky ; as they get both practical exposure as well as enough time to study for exams.
The things those guys learn in one year is more than i can learn in 3.5 years in my firm-just filing e-returns,asking for refunds,tds,audit report,bank reco.Woh cheej toh bcom pass bhi karr sakte hain. Can ICAI ensure that students like me rotting in mid-sized firms get exposure like those guys.
Toh those guys;god has given you such a wonderful opportunity. Aish karo. Don't waste this opportunity and score at least 65+ in CA finals.best of luck.uttam agarwal kaa bapp bhi kuch nahi kar sakta
"

Well done buddy.....only u understood my point...icai should reduce articleshop from 3 to at  most 2 years.........give environment like full time class mba...to conduct CAT like exam ...so passing u must clear the exam in fixed no ascertainty left....no dummy then.........icai need overhauling......top guys from top institute getting more money than ca pass outs....forget hul/itc guys whi gets good salary....so only handful of CAs get good salary after working so hard

1 Like

shinoj (ab) (1201 Points)
Replied 20 November 2009

Originally posted by :CA CS* Prakash Somani (A helping Hand)
" Dummy may or may not got rank.. or dummies only get rank that depends on case by case. They may pass in exams but may fail when it comes to question of practicle experience :) "

.icai should reduce articleshop from 3 to at  most 2 years.........give environment like full time class mba...to conduct CAT like exam ...so passing u must clear the exam in fixed no ascertainty left....no dummy then.........icai need overhauling......top guys from top institute getting more money than ca pass outs....forget hul/itc guys whi gets good salary....so only handful of CAs get good salary after working so hard

Sushil (CA Final Student) (2571 Points)
Replied 20 November 2009

Hi guys & gals!!

Concentrate on studies, you all will get rank, put effort in regular study habit, treat the subjects properly say, don't do audit of A/c, FM, Cost......solve them, check your progress, solve exam papers under exam condition.

Don't waste your time in thinking that dummy gets rank.

In Nov 08 CA Final, Surbhi Agarwal topped the India........She was doing her articleship from PWC.......so it proves that it all depends on how you are serious about studies.

Coaching classes, dummy articleship, these are immaterial in deciding whether you will get rank.........it all depends on your ATTITUDE!!

ALL THE BEST!!

1 Like

Lokesh (CS professional) (493 Points)
Replied 20 November 2009

I agree with u Rohit.

But what if a student getting training from a very small firm and does not get full exposure as compare to his counterpart in a firm like PWC.

vijay singhal (article) (299 Points)
Replied 20 November 2009

u r ryt shinoj....u cannot take away all the hard work of a ranked student becoz at the end of the day its the quality of answer which fetch  good mark .

1 Like

vijay singhal (article) (299 Points)
Replied 20 November 2009

u r ryt shinoj....u cannot take away all the hard work of a ranked student becoz at the end of the day its the quality of answer which fetch  good mark .

CA Ganesh Prasad (Chartered Accountant) (53 Points)
Replied 20 November 2009

Integrity,Objectivity and Independence are the most fundamentals for a CA.

Dummy is cheating the Institute and oneself.

When a person loses Integrity, he may loose the same in any areas of Life.  

It is useless getting  Rank by sacrificing Integrity.

Taking dummy and getting Rank is no achievement at all.

Those who are doing articleship and get All India Rank are the REAL HEROES.

When you cheat anybody be ready according to Law of universe that you will get chaeted as per the boomeurang principle.

1 Like

CA.Sonia (professional) (517 Points)
Replied 20 November 2009

HELLO EVERYBODY THE PERCEPTION DIFFERS FROM PERSON TO PERSON WE CANNOT SAY ON DUMMY ARTICLESHIP LEADS TO RANKHOLDERS

Sagar (Articleship) (28 Points)
Replied 20 November 2009

Why r all of u streching towards practical training?  Many of my frnds took dummy at later stages bcoz they were just made to do vouching during the articleship period. I think that the institute should hv criteria  for CA practioners regarding minimum areas to be covered under 3 yrs of articleship so tht articles get 2 learn and apply d practical experience in CA final papers. Otherwise many  r goin 2 continue 2 take dummy. Regarding d other part takin dummy doesnt matter in anyway, it is the attitude and harwork that matters. Durin PE2, people used to start articleship after passing PE2 then why didnt every1 get rank in PE2.

Sandeep Pandey (CA FINAL) (1306 Points)
Replied 20 November 2009

Ya agree with rahul

Prasad.M (CA Final) (70 Points)
Replied 03 February 2010

dummy is not the only thing which helps students to get ranks.........

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: