Quarry regarding order under section 154

I have filed ITR-1 for AY 2013-14 where I wrongly quote TAN of Deductor (not Deductor's name). The return has processed by CPC and intimation sent under section 143(1) raising tax demand for that amount for which I quote wrong TAN. I have made rectification request against the said order under the heading "Tax payer is correcting data for tax credit mismatch only" . After that, CPC has sent me Notice under section 154 is clearly specifying that  "the order passed under section 143(1) is required to be amended as there is a mistake apparent from the records within meaning of section 154/155 of the IT Act, 1961" through e-mail for rectification proposal agreed or not .  I have replied and agreed the rectification proposal. Then CPC has sent computation under section 154 of IT Act, 1961 but without modifying order under section 143(1) and raising tax demand. Can I make request for rectification against order under section 154? If I make rectification request out of 3 heads under which head I will make rectification request? 

Please advise me. Thanks in advance.

 

Replies (1)

Yes, you can re-rectify the order received u/s 154. before rectifying it against just confirm that the TDS credit is reflected in form 26AS and then fill the details correctly in the same heading "tax payer is correcting data in for tax credit mismatch only".
 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details