Purchase of spare parts: maharashtra vat implications

I purchase spare parts, tools etc. from local(Maharshtra) on which I pay VAT. These ofcourse are not my goods..Now can I claim set-off of the same from my Sales? And am I required to show the same in my 6 monthly VAT returns?

Replies (3)

  Mr Yashsr,

  If  you are buying spare parts and tools for resale only input tax credit can be claimed.Otherwise,they should be spare parts of notified capital goods on purchase of which input tax credit is avilable. What do you mean by stating that they are your goods and you are purchasing them?

MJK

Originally posted by : MJ Krishnamurthy

  What do you mean by stating that they are your goods and you are purchasing them?

I'm sorry I'm a little confused.

They're not my goods, I'm purchasing spare parts/tools/accessories which aid in the production of my goods. These spare parts/tools/accessories are obviously not for resale. They're used in production. Are they supposed to be shown in VAT returns? If yes, which head? And can I claim set-off(i.e. input credit) on these from my Sales VAT?

    Mr Yashsr,

   If they are the parts of machineries declared as capital goods only(in your state by a notification) you can claim the input tax credit of those purchases,otherwise not.

MJK

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 October 2026
SALES TELECALLER

HIRE NOVA

Lucknow

Graduate (Any)

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details