Property declaration in filing return

Hi

I am working in a private limited company and submitted my ITR based on Form-16 I recieved from my employer for FY 2011-12.

I have purchased a property in Feb 2011 and I don't think I have declared it to Income Tax of India, though the property is registered and all paper work has been done already.

Please suggest what I should do?

Regards,

Nitin

Replies (3)

I presume, you have filed ITR-1 or ITR - 2. In that case, there is no such provision to show assets and liabilities in the return and also there is no requirement to furnish the information regarding purchase of propery.

Just ensure, wealth tax provision will be applicable to you or not.

If you have purchased this property to earn rental income, that rental income will have to be disclosed in your next IT returns.

Yes. I filed ITR-1. How to figure out if I am coming under wealth tax provision or not? I am using this property for my own use.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details