Presumptive Tax Basis for Business Support Services

Navin Gadidala (3 Points)

29 December 2022  

I provide business support services like the following for a private limited company. This private limited company is into the business of providing high end coding and non coding software service providers like program managers, project managers, Dev leads, programmers etc. 

I have a GST registration and have business support services upto 60 Lakhs every year. I file all GST returns and have been filing my tax returns under 44AD, under presumptive income of 8% or 6%. I provide the following services:

a. Help the company with a few cash payments for low jobs, consultants etc

b. Organize games/cricket amusement facilities for the employees and consultants for the company.

c. Help the company is preparation of payroll, and supplier payments.

d. Provide resumes for Technical/Non Technical by using the company's database and external data bases like Naukri,Dice etc. Ours is non technical expertise with the final interview and finalization vested with the company. I get paid a small cut on every hour's billing from the consultant. The company manages the billing, time cards, hours of the consultant and I don't have any visibility.

e. Finally any other odd jobs like finding a security personnel, maids, arranging lunches, house keeping expenses etc.

Am I eligible for the Presumptive Tax basis of 8%?