Preparation for Nov 2011 Exams

akhila (working) (36 Points)

09 May 2011  

Hello....

I am aiming to complete my CA Final Grp 1 in Nov 2011.  I need your help in the following:

Time Limitation:  I work for 5 days a week 12 hours a day and have only Sat and Sun to study, therefore can devote only weekends and public holidays only for studying.  Cannot leave my job as its very important for me to be employed. I need a strategy to study well in the time I have and get through.

What to study:  I have all the 4 books from Padukas, Accounting, SFM, Audit and CLSP.  Do I need to buy the latest accounting standards or should I pick IFRS ? I also have a supplementary book for Audit Standards from Padukas.

How to study: I need to understand this aspect very clearly, so far how I study is read a topic, mark off, read another, make notes if time permits and then jump to the other so on and so forth...If I choose a subject, I read it for a week (or aim to read it for a  week or so) and then jump to another one.

Misc questions:  Writing exams in not-so-urban cities - does this really help? reading suggested only and writing exams - does this guarantee passing exams ?

P.S. Have not attended tuition classes for CA so far nor do I have access or time for them now.  Please advice accordingly.

Please help me with your suggestions/inputs for the above questions, I will be very thankful to you and would implement these for the best advantage.

Regards,