Practical Benefits of Membership

I have my CA Final 2nd group results due in a week now. If I pass, I had a query.

What are the practical benefits of membership of the ICAI?

Please consider the following points before you state something:

  1. I know about the continous learning and updating sessions/seminars (CPE Hours), etc. Working in a big4 for my entire articleship, I realise the marginal benefit such CPE sessions give.
  2. I never intend to practice as a CA hence membership/ Certificate of Practice is irrelevant.
  3. As a member I would be getting the CA Journal which I would not if I am not a member.
  4. I would have to pay annual fees.
Replies (3)

WITHOUT A MEMBERSHIP,U CAN NOT BE A CA.

MEMBERSHIP NO. IS MUST FOR ALL....

Originally posted by : Mohit Thareja

WITHOUT A MEMBERSHIP,U CAN NOT BE A CA.

MEMBERSHIP NO. IS MUST FOR ALL....

AGREED                                    

Tejas, membership of ICAI would only give you some statutory power. however if u are not interested in practise, membership is not needed but at the same time u should not use the designation as "Chartered Accountant" or use CA as prefix. No other extra benefits due to membership except some recognition.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details