ICICI

Pleas help gst on new tarrif rule for cable tv operators

Onkpsy kkk   16 April 2019

Onkpsy kkk

3 points

| My Other Post

DEAR FORUM PALS,

THIS IS A LOCAL CABLE OPERATOR

I HAVE A SERIOUS QUESTION FOR YOU AS YOU ALL MIGHT KNOW ALL TRAI HAS IMPLIED NEW RULE SINCE 2019 FOR CABLE TV OPERATORS AND CONSUMERS AS CUSTOMERS CAN SELECT ANY NUMBER OF CHANNELS WHICH THEY WANT TO SEE

MY QUESTION IS THAT CURRENTLY CABLE OPERATORS AND MSO ARE GETTING 130 RS FROM THAT MSO (MULTI SYSTEM OPERATORS ) ARE GEETING 40 RS AND REMAINING 90RS TO CABLE TV OPERATORS

BUT 18% GST IS APPLICABLE ON 130 THAT COMES AROUND 153.40 RS (23.40 PAISE ON 130) WHICH WE CHARGE FROM OUR CUSTOMERS 

FROM THIS 153.40 RS AS I TOLD YOU MSO ARE GETING 40 RS FOR WHICH THEY ARE CUTTING 7.20 PAISE(TOTAL 47.20 PAISE)  FROM OUR PORTAL WHICH THEY HAVE PROVIDED US..... NOW THE QUESTION REMAINS OF OTHER 16.20 WHICH IS THE TAX ON 90 RS WHICH WE ARE COLLECTING FROM CUSTOMER

HOW DO WE PAY THAT?

SHOULD WE OPT FOR A NEW GST NUMBER?

AS OUR YEARLY TRESHOLD IS NOT EVEN CROSSING 10 LAKHS?

PLEASE HELP SOON

avater

CA Chandra Prakash (9873059766 Increasing knowledge through sharing)     16 April 2019

CA Chandra Prakash
9873059766 Increasing knowledge through sharing 
 21 likes  287 points

View Profile | My Other Post

As per my understanding, 

Cable operator received Rs. 153.4 (inclusive of GST) from customer and paid Rs. 47.20 (inclusive of GST) to MSO.

Since you are charging GST from customer. You have to pay the same to the Government. Registration is must in your case.

If you will not charge GST from customer then you can think whether to register yourself in GST or not if turnover below the threshold prescribed.

avater

Onkpsy kkk   02 May 2019

Onkpsy kkk

3 points

DEAR SIR,

I HAVE AQUIRED MY GST NUMBER AND HENCE I WOULD LIKE TO PAY AS FOLLOW

WE PROVIDE PACKS FROM MSO TO CUSTOMERS AS STATED ABOVE

FOR 130 BASE PACK WHICH CUSTOMERS TAKES > 23RS .40 PAISE TAX IS APPLICABLE WHICH WE CHARGE FROM CUSTOMERS

(MY QUESTION IS THAT CURRENTLY CABLE OPERATORS AND MSO ARE GETTING 130 RS FROM THAT MSO (MULTI SYSTEM OPERATORS ) ARE GEETING 40 RS AND REMAINING 90RS TO CABLE TV OPERATORS)

FROM WHCIH WE ARE CHARGING 23RS 40 PAISE  FROM CUSTOMER 7RS 20 PAISE IS ALREADY PAID FOR ON 40 RS SHARE WHICH IS DEDUCTED AS 47.20 SO WE ARE SUPPOSE TO PAY 16.20 PAISE TO GST...

SO CAN WE CREATE A DIRECT CHALLAN OF 16 RS 20 PAISE ? AND PAY TO GST?

THAT WOULD BE 8 RS SGST 8RS CGST?

avater

Shahaji Dethe (Practicing )     17 November 2019

Shahaji Dethe
Practicing  
 2 points

Dear sir, 

Out of Sale receipts of Rs. 153.4 (Including GST of Rs.23.40) Kindly show Rs. 40 as your taxable service charges paid (like Purchases) to MSO and Rs. 7.20 as Input GST( GST on Purchases) on the same. 

Ultimately, you have to pay GST of Rs. 16.20( 23.40-7.20) to government but make ensure that MSO provide you the bill of Rs. 47.20 (Inclusive of GST) 

So, you can create and paid GST challan of Rs. 16.20 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »