Outstanding Tax Demand. Plz. Help

I got a tax demand of some Rs 14000 in A.Y 2003-04, which I had paid by cheque and did not got a challan serial number for it from the bank. I forgot about it, but while logging into my account, I found that the particular demand is still outstanding.

When I approached the bank to get Challan Number in 2020 now, bank did not had any records. So I again paid that demand of Rs. 14000 now in 2020 and the challan number was generated and BSR Code generated. I accepted the demand as "Correct" in the coloum of my account. Also lodged a quick griveance that Demand paid, but not reflecting as paid. Now, will I be charged the interest in outstanding amount uptill now/ There was no  amount in oustanding interest colum in generated challan. Will I get a interest demand again or not.? PLease help. I cannot find answers. Thank you.

 

Replies (3)
Quick Summary
A user is seeking help with an outstanding tax demand from 2003-04, which they believe they paid but cannot prove due to lost bank records. They have since repaid the amount and updated their online account, but are concerned about potential interest charges on the old demand. They are asking for guidance on whether interest will be levied and if the demand will be cleared from their account.

Don't you have any old passbook data with you? I. e any transaction history with the bank which shows that u have paid the specified sum?

You have paid tax online in 2020 after logging your e filing account??

Please wait, demand will disappear after few days if you have paid after logging your e filing account

Please check your e filling account after few days your demand will disappear

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details