Easy Office
LCI Learning

one day in Tomorrow's India

Page no : 3

(Guest)

If it seems to you that, I was hurting or trying to hurt your opinion, then I am sorry, my intention was not that,,, I was just putting my opinion, upon the subject matter,,,,, anyways I withdraw my opinions, I just said the need of hour was saving Humanity,,,, saving ones culture is the foremost thing I agree, I never felt that your views has inserted any pressure on me to follow, neither, I was arguing you to follow my views,,,,, it was a discussion, which went wrong somewhere,,,,,neither I was asking any question on the subject matter. Our culture are same, and one,,,, and about preserving my culture, for various reasons, I can't say the steps that I take,,,,, you were talking about not losing the culture, I was about the lost culture,, last thing why are you so critical about the critics,,,, You ought to see the critical point and prove yours, don't retaliate in different essence, I was on invitation, I never expected this type of answer from the person who likes his/her culture so deep, I don't feel any need to discuss about this via PMs.,

Answer to post-

This topic being about Indian Culture and not on Humanity, - Culture has no identity, without humanity, both are inseparable,,,,”

1 Like

Rahul Sharma (----------) (8187 Points)
Replied 17 February 2012

Thanks Harini for wonderful PPT. and for a reminding a lesson

India is over janam bhoomi and we all day by day forgetting our Rituals.Culture.Society;religion.

Western culture starts ruling in our minds, our thinking. In my childhood when I visit in Dalai’s home I know that on 6.00pm (eve) my dadaji always see serials like Maha Bharaat, Krishna, Ramayana, Shiv Maha puraan etc. all religious programmes and I always enjoy all that programmes.but now my cousin Sister Son always watching Shinchan,Doremon,nobida Etc. (don’t think that I also watching these all cartoons coz I know all the names of these) 

I know all names coz when I visit my sister's sasuraal.i saw that her sons sitting on bed and continuously watching these cartoons (Hamari sanskriti ab hamari virasat nahi rahi we sold out to anonymous person and buy all these western viruses. Due to kitchen and other work our Indian ladies give permit to all little children’s to watch these programmes. Childrens are like empty hard disks they never know what is Right and what is wrong. It’s our responsibility to give his/her all sanskaars for their brighter future.

I also want to mention here that all the Tourist who visit in our India also trying to come in Indian getup and starts behaving like and Indian (Once a day I Visit CP Delhi Barakhamba Road with my friend for buying kurta for Eid Celebration wid ma friend while selecting some kurtas a British come in shop and said Namaskaar and asking the price of some other garments) So.

He knows what is  the meaning of Namaskaar but why we use Hi Guys, Cool Man, and Hey Dude Whats up??????

Why we trying to talk in American language???

The ans. is we feel shame in talking in Indian language

Sankriti hamari hai or isy sanjoye rakhna hamara kartavya hai .

Vyang karte hue meri Bhasha mein koi truti hui ho to kripya Shamadaan dijiyega smiley

1 Like

Manjul Soni. (CA Student.) (1407 Points)
Replied 17 February 2012

I want to add one more thought

that - 

In new age all are rushing into acquiring Professional Degree

which is symboll of Ones Success in life ........

But have a Look In this Pic Below - 

Reall Success Is To Achieve what u Want In Life Without Loosing Your Culture.......

/

/

Bado ke prati samman 

Athiti devo bhav 

Chhoto Ke Prati pyaar 

Aur Prema ur sadbhaw aur bhaichara 

Hi Hamre Desh Ki Asli Pehchaan hain - jo aur kisi desh ma nahi hai 

Hame isko dil se nahi Mitne Dena Chahiye 

Tabhi Sahi mayne me hum Kaamyaab honge ...................smiley

3 Like

(Guest)

I dont want to hurt any religion here.

Ekalavya, I am sorry, If I hurt you, .. Friends.. please..

*RENU SINGH * (✩ §m!ℓ!ñġ €ม€§ fℓม!ñġ ђ♪gђ✩ )   (21627 Points)
Replied 18 February 2012

no Di .....

Indian tradition is so rich and it can't be lost in such a bad way .....

Sarees are also a fashion statement in abroad also......

and apko ek baat or bolni thi ......

even in oxford dictionary there are some words which are taken from Hindi and included in english as a word.

Ya ..........we don't still know the rich culture as it was many decades ago ......bcz  such arts were too technical , jo ki logo ko tabhi sikhayi jati thi , jab wo expert ho jaye .........so only less people were able to learn and as usual .....couldn't retained for so long.

nd the best thing ....Yoga is still the same powerful thing ....jiske liyo foreigners india se practitioners ko bulana prefer krte h.

Our rituals are still not lost and won't ever. But yes would be customised with daily life.

Your presentation is very neat and clean diangel.

1 Like

Ankit Hinduja (Student) (1227 Points)
Replied 18 February 2012

Thanks Harini ji for sharing such a wonderful ppt. and bringing the reality into light..

Indian Culture, which is one of the oldest and richest cultures, is now days posing a serious threat as western culture is establishing its strong base in India and slowly and gradually wiping the Indian culture. 

Westernization has greatly effected our traditions, customs, our family and our respect and love for others. The concept of joint families is fastly decreasing every one wants to remain aloof from others. No body now bother about others and only cares about himself which is totally contradictory to our Indian culture which teaches to be a part of each other Joys and Sorrows to celebrate the moments together and share the grief together. Slowly all our values for which India has the pride is vanishing & western culture is taking its place. People are blindly following the western culture without knowing its consequences. 

Westernization has given rise to single families. Marriages are fastly breaking & our tolerance and patience has given the answer. The most effected are our new blooms, which have sprouted they find themselves stressed and isolated in this new atmosphere as there is no one to take care of them. They will not get the care and love of their Grand parents and they find themselves in crutches were some others will take care of them. It is very unfortunate that the new sprouts remain untouched and cut off from our moral values and sanskaras. In todays Scenario where both husband & wife are working there is no one at home to look after them to inherit the sanskaras in them as our elders who gives these sanskaras to their grand children are not with them. To many cases it is not deliberate but in majority of case the children prefer to remain away from their parents which is very unfortunate. 

Theres no harm in taking good things from western but this does not mean that we should completely adopt it and pretend to be western and misrepresent our identity. It is understandable that India is growing in every field and there is necessity of knowing all the cultures and their traditions. To some extent it is fine but we should not pretend that we dislike the Indian values and like only western culture. We have to preserve our identity. One thing should be always kept in mind that western world is looking India for its honesty and its rich Cultural heritage. 

It is shocking to see that Indians are forgetting their culture and western people are seeing India for obtaining salvation. They are coming here for seeking the true peace, which is total absent there. India has earned a good name in the field of Yoga and meditation were our gurus are giving teachings to western countries how to relax themselves & how to keep themselves away from disease.

It is very unfortunate that todays generation has very little knowledge about their culture, traditions & their roots. This is not their mistake but the mistake of their parents who does not enlighten their children about their roots about their rich cultural heritage. 

Contradictory to it Parents feel proud in giving the western Sanskaras to their children. Children are brought up in this atmosphere. They are thus kept miles away from Indian culture. There is no harm in giving the knowledge of other cultures and traditions as Indians have made their presence in every part of world and it is very necessary that we should have knowledge of their culture, traditions and their language..

BHARAT MATA KI JAI

3 Like

Amit Kumar himmatsinghka (Article Assistant) (40 Points)
Replied 18 February 2012

Nice.....

(Guest)
Rahul, nice to hear from you, Others respect our culture, they like to learn but they never ignored their own culture. See even I am trying to tell this, there is no harm in repecting other cultures or learning goodthings from them, but we should not forget, ignore ours. You said kids watch tv, as mothers are busy with kitchen orother work, This is also happening becauseof nuclear families. When I was child, we have 25 members in our complete family, with four ladies, two use to work in kitchen, one will take care of our studies and telling stories, and my chotima use to do other jobs.. Now, with small families, one lady (even in my case) has to take care of everything, kitchen, kids studies, other cleaning, shopping, she is suffering, for her its difficult to manage everything, allowing kids to watch tv, internet is theonly option left to her to finish her other house chores... If we had followed joint family culture, we might not have got highrised apartments, shortage of land, or rising realestate prices, and we are occupying forests too, city's area is increasing, putting danger to animals, especially our tigers. I hope I didnt say anything wrong..

(Guest)
Manjul, bina shiksha ke degree certificate tho vyarthh hein, Premchand jine kya khoob kahi hein, Our traditions are healthy and safe even scientifically, when world was suffering from Swineflu, then we understood, namasthe is better than shaking hands, Pranayama, asanas, our treasures, people didnt believe then, now when doctors prefer Yoga, now they started to follow. These are just two examples, there are many, if one want to know it with heart.

Rahul Sharma (----------) (8187 Points)
Replied 18 February 2012

Harini i agree with you due to split of Families sharing of household work is not possib hats off to all single ladies who takes all work in her hands.Family disputes, level of thinking and selfishness these all are the cause of creating these problems.our needs increasing day by day except basics and essentials. if i say sometrhings about pollution in our country as compare to america we all indians use less fuels resources thanks to some companies those gives us fuel efficient bikes cars and coming with new concepts and eco ideas finally the point come (hum hi hai to samaaj mein sudhaar la sakte hai aur hum hi hai jo samaaj ko bigaad sakte hai decision is our think to spread positivity or negitivity )

1 Like

(Guest)
Ankit, agree, today's kids has very lessknowledge about our own culture, we are failing to carry our culture to our next generations, we should make them understand, concept and benefits of our culture, if we dont do this now, how can these kids teach to their next generation,
1 Like

Sourav Banerjee MA,MSW (Shabda Bramha) (8842 Points)
Replied 18 February 2012

"India has started loosing its rich tradition mainly bez of galz, bez"

Loosing, dear Arun Kumar??? smiley What would TIGHTEN our tradition then?

And please clarify what this Acronym " bez " amplifies to.

Sourav Banerjee MA,MSW (Shabda Bramha) (8842 Points)
Replied 18 February 2012

I wish I had the chance to post my comments while the iron was hot.

Reading some of the remarks here, I'm bound to ask one question, - what is the basic difference between the two words - 'Discussion' and 'Argument’? To me, we discuss our ideas on a given topic - with a free mind, that is ready to change if logic is solid enough behind the statement. But we argue to defend our view point as if that is our child. While discussing one takes the LOGICAL route and argumentation takes one through EMOTIONAL routes - Emotion that has the sole purpose of defending our Egos.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Sourav Banerjee MA,MSW

I wish I had the chance to post my comments while the iron was hot.

Reading some of the remarks here, I'm bound to ask one question, - what is the basic difference between the two words - 'Discussion' and 'Argument’? To me, we discuss our ideas on a given topic - with a free mind, that is ready to change if logic is solid enough behind the statement. But we argue to defend our view point as if that is our child. While discussing one takes the LOGICAL route and argumentation takes one through EMOTIONAL routes - Emotion that has the sole purpose of defending our Egos.

broken heart Hello,Sir, as far Discussion is concerned, it means "Thanks for sharing",,, other then this is called Argument ,,,,broken heart

rahul (Chartered Accountant) (5570 Points)
Replied 19 February 2012

Originally posted by : ashima

long live traditions of our culture.i respect our culture and traditions and wont let them get gloomy in near future.awesome message mam.thanks for sharing.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: