No aknowledgement in email after efiling income tax

Software engineer

Hi All,

I filed my IT returns online, but I had made a mistake which I did not realize until after I submitted the form. There is a slight mistake in my residential address. Will this create a problem?  Also I have not yet revceived an aknowledgement in my email. Several of my colleagues who filed it on the same day as I, have already received the same. Have I not received because of the address mismatch? Do ia have to re-do the entire process again? Please reply

Thanks in advance

Vibha

glidor@gmail.com

1) address is no issue, the department will consider the address which is provided in PAN.

2) for acknowledgement (ITR-V) you can take print from site itself.

Total likes : 1 times

Student

This will not create any problem however you have a option to file a revised return if you wish to rectify,

However if there is a refund,it will be advisable to rectify it.

In case of non receipt of acknowledgement you can get it by..

1) Log In into  https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/index.do

2)Check "My Account Tab"

3)Check 1st option "My Returns" and follow the instructions.

4)Password for your file will be your PAN and DoB in Small Letters like "abcde1234f01011980"

Software engineer

Ok. Thanks a lot !! I do not have any refund, so I guess there is no need to rectify.  Also is there no difference between getting the acknowledgement from the website and from your mail? what I mean is, does not getting the aknowlwdgement in mail imply that there is something wrong with the way I have filed my returns? I am asking this since many of my colleagues have got aknowledgement in mail, but though I had filed it around the same time as they had I did not get any mail aknowledgement

glidor@gmail.com

acknowlegement "pops up" aft3er successful filing of return, and if browser is blocked with pop ups then it will not display, 

email procedure works generally but it differs service to service, as gmail / yahoo does not authenticate the incometaxindia emails and send them to spam, unless you configurate it as "non spam"

Student

There is no matter from where you have get it,Both are same,Mail is just an additional facility so do not worry.There may be error in providing e mail id,when you will download acknowledgement from site, your mail id will be shown at the bottom of the receipt check it,

In short you need not to worry in any sense,Just download ITR-V as I mentioned,After a some time you will receive CPC receipt by mail for the return copy you have sent to Bangalore.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

CCI MENU