Easy Office
LCI Learning

New IT Portal Issues Still not Resolved

Page no : 3

Rocks Parss (241 Points)
Replied 26 September 2021

@ Rammohan - Yes problems are still haunting various filers and also new ones are cropping up whereas old ones are not resolved. For your information not all our grievances have been closed - we went on submiting grievance after grievance over several weeks in the past two and half months - many have been closed but look how - instead of addressing the issue & resolving it and informing us , they have merely closed the grievance mentioning that they have observed that since return is filed grievance is closed!! - is that resolution of grievance?

Yes for some of our grievances including old ones no reply is received.

Rammohan (NA) (245 Points)
Replied 27 September 2021

@ Rocks Parss

You are right that closing grievances without solving them, just because ITR as been filed, is not fair. There should be an assurance given that these problems would be sorted out as early as possible. What is also missing is an appreciation that despite the glitches, the assessee has filed his/her ITR making additional efforts to ensure that the ITR fulfils the requirements of the I-T Dept.

What assessees want is an early and fair assessment of their filed ITRs. Can we expect this from the Dept.?

J S BHAVSAR (CONSULTING) (1288 Points)
Replied 28 September 2021

How long would such thing continue and go on? Just because this impacts only 9.5 crore of population from India, so this can continue for 2 years? Even in the GST portal, there were issues for almost 1 to 2 years after the GST went live. On GST portal, only 1.03 crore entities are registered. Here on the new income tax portal, there are 10 crore.

I do not understand why ICAI has taken a softer approach with the Government.

SHIRISH S S (Proprietor) (1016 Points)

Computer No 1--> offline utility  for ITR-1 to 4 -->Draft version of returns--> PAN NO   XXXXX  - (half filled)

How to reopen above file on laptop/Computer no 2 .  There is no provision to save the file.   

Rose (House wife) (32 Points)

I had been trying to file my return since August 2021. Even though some of the issues have been resolved for me, I am facing the below issue repeatedly since the beginning of September 2021.

1. I check every schedule, confirm and go and when I check the preview, some of the boxes go unticked. And I have to go back and tick the boxes again. This is happening multiple times. 

2. Multiple times, the dividend amount goes missing from "information of the accrual/receipt of income from other sources. Even though it has been inputted multiple times.

3. Tax paid amounts go missing and while validating it shows PAN is mandatory. I have to re-enter the details.

5. After I correct the above and proceed to validation, I get the message validation successful.  But when I proceed to verification, it shows another message "1 error found". This is in Schedule VI A. Saying that the total differs from section 2i to 2u. There is only one amount under sec 80C which is auto populated and the same amount is shown in the total.  One thing I have been noticing in schedule VIA is that the page takes a long time to load compared to other schedules. For sometime the page becomes unresponsive. This is happening everyday and I have been trying to file my return since the beginning of September 2021. It is very frustrating. Anyone else faced this issue.

I hope this matter will be resolved at the earliest. 

Dhirajlal Rambhia (SEO Sai Gr. Hosp.) (160721 Points)

For information to all the concerned,

The defects/glitches in HUF file, which were mentioned earlier by me, have been successfully removed in latest utility version 1.0.16 released on 25th Sept., 2021.

Most of the files are getting successfully validated. Please check ...

George Cx (51 Points)
Replied 29 September 2021

What is meant by “ INCOME FROM LOTTERY MUST BE EQUAL TO 2a OF SCHEDULE OS DTAA 115BB RESPECTIVELY IN SCHEDULE OS

I have not won any lottery till date .But the developer want quarterly break-up of lottery winnings. Please help me to file ITR-2, it is blocked after verification with the above error, I am continuously trying for last 3 days. I have remitted around 3 lakhs Tax, but monthly interest u/s 234(a) growing up, every month.

Murali Nadarajah (179 Points)

Rectification is available now on the new portal.   

SHIRISH S S (Proprietor) (1016 Points)

Offline partially filled form , HOW TO OPEN IN ANOTHER DESKTOP/LAPTOP. There us no provision to save the file.

George Cx (51 Points)

What is meant by “ INCOME FROM LOTTERY MUST BE EQUAL TO 2a OF SCHEDULE OS DTAA 115BB RESPECTIVELY IN SCHEDULE OS

I have not won any lottery till date .But the developer want quarterly break-up of lottery winnings. Please help me to file ITR-2, it is blocked after verification with the above error, I am continuously trying for last 3 days. I have remitted around 3 lakhs Tax, but monthly interest u/s 234(a) growing up, every month.

On 28/09/21, morning 6.15 AM 9.30 A.M. I tried to verify more than 80 times,  failed, on 29th from 00.15 AM to 04.30 AM tried more than 100 times, validate without error, but on verification it shows error and ask for lottery winning details, how can give the details without winning lottery

Rocks Parss (241 Points)

Lucky You - but what about various other issues old as well as new, many posted in this forum due to which not able to file returns? Also for those who could file - status of refunds or Intimation?

Rocks Parss (241 Points)

Yes many are getting this error. Further the self assessment tax paid in some cases is also not reflecting? Any update or resolution of the lottery issue? from anyone?

Have you tried both online as well as offline?

Krishnan KN (2 Points)
Replied 30 September 2021

I am getting the error descripttion " In Schedules OS , Sl. No. 10 the quarterly breakup of income by way of winnings from lotteries, Crossword puzzels....betting etc.referred to section 2(24)(ix)is not equal to the winnings,....etc chargeable u/s 115BB-DTAA 115BB respectively"

However I have only dividend income and interest income. Also I have filled the quarterly interest breakup and the same is matching. I dont have any income by way of winnings from lotteries.......etc. That figure by default comes as 0 in the field as also in the quarterly breakup. Still why am i getting the error.

The verification says its fine but at the time of uploading (after Login in) it again validates and this error pops up. Can someone please suggest how to go about. I was trying this since quite few weeks and today tried with version 1.17 released on 30th September. Please suggest whether this is a bug and patch will be released or whether i need to correct somewhere.

Attached File : 3513517 20210930205921 error message.pdf downloaded: 32 times

George Cx (51 Points)
Replied 01 October 2021

Is it September 15th 2021 or SEPTEMBER 15TH 2022

J S BHAVSAR (CONSULTING) (1288 Points)
Replied 01 October 2021

In the process of solving old errors and glitches, the older issues of solved, now the utilities are now giving new errors that were not known in last 90 days.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: