Easy Office

New IT Portal Issues Still not Resolved

Page no : 4

Rajeev Seoni (Director ) (74 Points)
Replied 01 October 2021

getting the error  " In Schedules OS , Sl. No. 10 the quarterly breakup of income by way of winnings from lotteries, Crossword puzzels....betting etc.referred to section 2(24)(ix)is not equal to the winnings,....etc chargeable u/s 115BB-DTAA 115BB respectively"
Is this only for senior citizens? How do we escalate to the income tax department? 

Rajesh (NA) (248 Points)
Replied 01 October 2021

How to open the saved ITR on another computer. Try this though I am not 100% sure if it will work.

After you are done with your work on PC1, go ahead and install the utility on PC2.

On PC1 enable show hidden folders and copy C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\ITDe-Filing folder to PC 2 under current active user. You will have to replace username with the name of user

e.g. if PC1 user is PCuser1 then the path will be C:\Users\PCuser1\AppData\Roaming\ITDe-Filing

now on PC2 is the username is PCuser2 then there the path will be C:\Users\PCuser2\AppData\Roaming\ITDe-Filing. The ITDe-filing folder under hidden directory Roaming  holds all the saved data.

Disclaimer - I have never tried this but I know that deleting this catche clears all saved forms in the utility. So by copying it to another PC you should be able to retain your data. Unfortunately there's no migration utility or support provided by developers of the tool.

Kammy Singh (Retired) (100 Points)
Replied 04 October 2021

1. From the onset of the utility upto 4 October 2021, HP sch. error as to % share of property stating it should equal to 100% glitch is not resolved . though the calculation of share of the property income is correct reflecting the share of the taxpayer.

Due to the pop up error glitch " sum must equal 100%" it will not save . Sometime last August you can save but it will not allow you to verify the same error direct you to the SHARE %..

TO BE ABLE FILE:

Tick "NO" in co owner and place 100% share and under gross rental income place the actual amount of share % of taxpayer. Which means you do not have to fill up the co owners shares. This is not the right way but as to taxable  property income the result will be the same . 3 months and this issue is not getting resolved.

2. As to late ITR filing, interest is back again at present. this was resolve some time early September. A senior having refund with no liability up to 31 July 2021 are now being charge Rs. 5000/- for late filing.

Very frustrating.   

TARAK KUMAR ROY (TDS RETURN IN A COMPANY. PRIVATE TAX PRACTIONE )   (266 Points)
Replied 04 October 2021

A third class IT portal has been introduced to the assessees for the current assessment year. Activities of the portal is nothing but worthless. Regards, Tarak Kumar Roy  

1 Like

George Cx (51 Points)
Replied 04 October 2021

Today I have verfifed and filed ITR-2 for AY 2021-22, succesfully

Rajesh (NA) (248 Points)
Replied 04 October 2021

Is this the beginning of the downfall of the current government?

Lekshmi Narayanan (21 Points)
Replied 04 October 2021

Not receiving EVC through bank even after repeated trials.

Rajesh (NA) (248 Points)
Replied 05 October 2021

I have faced the same issue of EVC on my Union bank account. No matter what, system gave me a fake message that EVC is generated but it was never received.

Now system is throwing a new message PAN account ifsc link failed.

There was no support from any one neither bank nor it helpdesk nor that fake webmanager email id.

Now even logging in to portal thru union bank internet banking does nothing. It does not validate the account.

What is frustrating is that no one knows how this system works and no one knows the fix.

Rajesh (NA) (248 Points)
Replied 05 October 2021

Now my grievances are closed with a new set of reply. Now this is what they are saying

To understand and resolve the queries, kindly attach and share the following details at efilinghelpdesk at the rate incometax dot gov dot in • Scanned copy of PAN • Contact Details (Name, DOB/DOI, Contact Number) • Screenshot of the error message • Helpdesk Ticket Number Note: Kindly attach the documents in ZIP (.zip) format only, otherwise your request will not be processed

Status
RESOLVED

Date of Resolution
04-Oct-2021

I understand they want more details, but then there should have been a timeline given to taxpayer to submit additional documents/screenshots and only then they should mark the case closed if the taxpayer does not provide it. Here they have blindly closed the case and marked it as resolved. 

Lekshmi Narayanan (21 Points)
Replied 05 October 2021

Finally, I was able to e-verify using netbanking. The display is wrong, it says - receive EVC through netbanking. This is wrong. In netbanking, there is no EVC. 

I prepared the entire return ONLINe in the Income Tax portal and chose to e-verify using netbanking. Then I was logged out of IT portal and prompted to log into my bank. After logging in to bank, i selected login to e-verify option from the bank portal. I was logged into the IT Portal. (Note that it did not ask me for credentials) Then I selected e-file tab and went through the same grind of "confirming" all the schedules. I was allowed to download itr-review and .json file. Again  the prompt for e-verification came and again I chose the receive EVC through netbanking option. (there is no EVC actually.) Now system gave a message that if you submit now, you can't do it any more. Bravely, I went ahead and submitted and got an acknowledgement. My troubles are over - for the time being.

Rocks Parss (241 Points)
Replied 05 October 2021

Great Congrats - by thw way @ Lekshmi Narayanan - can you share the name of the Bank?

J S BHAVSAR (CONSULTING) (1288 Points)
Replied 06 October 2021

Originally posted by : Rajesh
Is this the beginning of the downfall of the current government?

No, before the income tax portal,

i) They first changed the IRCTC ticketing portal from the UPA era. No downfall occurred

ii) They then went on to change the UAN Provident Fund Portal of the UPA era by creating full chaos for 6 crore workers, no downfall occurred

iii) Now this portal from the UPA era is changed. 

The current government has nothing to lose in near term. Nobody is showing them their responsibility, nobody is asking them if objectives are met.

Infact, ICAI is sitting and cooperating with the current government and the software vendor for this portal.

Ramachandran S (Chartered Accountant) (699 Points)
Replied 06 October 2021

ICAI or ICWAI or ICSI has no option but to co-operate. Govt can even dissolve the council of these Institutes  as happened for ICWAI though for different reasons. Only Sashi Taroor expressed the feelings of professionals strongly. But nothing happened. My Form 10-IE problem is not yet resolved.  

Kammy Singh (Retired) (100 Points)
Replied 06 October 2021

1.  ERROR: AS TO : Property share of assessee, say 20% share  before proceeding a Pop up appears stating share of property of assessee must be 100%

Details of co owners & shares are entered proportionately. though it sum of total shares are 100%, one will not be allowed to save the HP sch. .it will move you to the first % share of the assessee thus can't proceed further.

2.  For seniors with refund as of 31 July . Error: Again  Fee for default in furnishing return of income (U/s 234F) is charge Rs. 5000/

Ananthu (student) (73 Points)
Replied 07 October 2021

In case of trust /Associations claiming exemption u/s 11, Corpus donation is also added to taxable income;

1) it is entered in Sch .VC under i)corpus donation, in sch ER it is entered under i) disallowable expense; but in BT I it is included under total taxable income. But in old system, corpus donation was NOT included in taxable income. Is it  new provision ? kindly inform me. Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: