Easy Office

New IT Portal Issues Still not Resolved

Page no : 2

J S BHAVSAR (CONSULTING) (1288 Points)
Replied 21 September 2021

The silence from the Finance Minister on 16th Sep 2021 and not giving any update to the nation on new tax portal assumes that all is not well with the current state of new tax portal after the deadline.

The proposed objectives of 1 day of return processing by CPC and 3 days of tax refund credit are still not met. If the government is using Rs 4242 crore of taxpayer money to build something new with the new objectives, it is the duty of elected government to monitor if the objectives are met?

Ideally, one gives a deadline say 15th Sep 2021, then it is the duty of that person to take stock of situation on 16th Sep 2021 and conduct press conference and update the nation what progress has been made and what is pending.

9.5 crore persons use new tax portal and there is no protest, no demand. Media is also not interested in the matter as the impact is only on 10 crore vs farmer protest of 70 crore. 

Like the previously remade portals of IRCTC, new GST portal, remade UAN portal, the new income tax portal will continue to suffer for next 2 years or 3 years.

Rajesh (NA) (248 Points)
Replied 22 September 2021

The worst part is that the so called Grievance system is all fake and there's no formal provision for  taxpayers to report the actual issues to the concerned. Objective of 1 day return processing shall remain a distant dream.

The funny part is the IP address on my ITR V is actually a Private IP. (Private IP is on a LAN network whereas public IP is on the Internet) They were supposed to log the public IP but seems they have logged some internal IP of their own LAN system! This does not affect return processing but a clear example of pathetic job.

Rammohan (NA) (245 Points)
Replied 23 September 2021

1. TDS entries from Form 26AS :

a) Only part of these entries get pre-filled on ITR 2, which results in the assessee having to enter the missing items manually.

b) Even in the case of the pre-filled TDS entries, columns such as TAN no. of the deductor are not pre-filled. The assessees have to fill in these details, failing which an error gets generated during validation. It would help if this requirement is indicated as essential during the Saving process, rather than at the final validation stage.

c) If 'Self' is selected as the person to whom a TDS entry pertains, the portal asks us to enter the figure 0 in the columns pertaining to the spouse/other person. If not done, this is thrown up as an error later during validation. stage (not at the Saving stage).

2. At the time of selection of Schedules for filling in, even if one does not select the HP schedule, this schedule gets shown as selected later, during the next session of filling details.

3. No SMS or email is received on successful Aadhaar e verification of submission of a Return. Earlier such messages were received instantly. Even the filled in draft Return gets deleted which creates a doubt whether the Return was received by the Department or nor, or was lost. Details of receipt of the Return such as Ack. No. etc. get updated after 2 days.

4. The downloaded Return copy does not show the (filled in) Schedule 112A.

Originally posted by : Rajesh
The worst part is that the so called Grievance system is all fake and there's no formal provision for  taxpayers to report the actual issues to the concerned. Objective of 1 day return processing shall remain a distant dream.

The funny part is the IP address on my ITR V is actually a Private IP. (Private IP is on a LAN network whereas public IP is on the Internet) They were supposed to log the public IP but seems they have logged some internal IP of their own LAN system! This does not affect return processing but a clear example of pathetic job.

Which section is the IP address coming on your ITR? On the ITR actually the taxpayer has to enter the Place: and not an IP address.

Rajesh (NA) (248 Points)

I refer to the ITR-V acknowledgement PDF.  Source IP Address starts with 10.1 which is a Private IP. not traceable on the internet. It's from a local network. What they should have captured is the public IP which is registered by the ISP.

Somehow this forum is not allowing me to upload image files. Just check your ITR-V that is generated after you file your return online.

See if you can access below link

https://i.imgur.com/9yAgPbq.png

Rajesh (NA) (248 Points)

BTW now they have started a new tactic to close grievances. Today I got a call from an unknown number. Since I was occupied I could not answer it. When I called back it connected to some demand section of incometax!

Since I had no clue why the call came, I disconnected. After few hours many of my grievances (which are still valid and active issues) were closed by the IT Dept. This is their message in email .

Resolution:  Dear Taxpayer, Thank you for contacting e-Filing Help desk. We have tried contact for given contact number but call went unanswered. You request has been processed, issue has been resolved. Kindly retry. If any issue persists,, kindly contact our Helpdesk at

Ramachandran S (Chartered Accountant) (699 Points)
Replied 24 September 2021

@ Rajesh There is 'Feedback' for closed grievances. If you give unsatisfactory rating, it permits to reopen the closed grievance. Further, if  you may state this to orm @ cpc.incometax.gov.in and also tweet it.

Rajesh (NA) (248 Points)

Thanks. It does not seem like that simple. The Feedback button is only available for Resolved Status. There’s no feedback for Closed status and they have Closed many of my grievances. (The issue still persists though)  Next big concern is after they mark it as Closed, the descripttion changes to <!-- RICH TEXT -->. See the screenshot at the below url. So I even lose what I had asked for! 

https://i.imgur.com/xzSYHZf.png

@ Rajesh. Agreed. I too have the 'RICH TXT' issue mentioned by you.

Originally posted by : Ramachandran S
@ Rajesh There is 'Feedback' for closed grievances. If you give unsatisfactory rating, it permits to reopen the closed grievance. Further, if  you may state this to orm @ cpc.incometax.gov.in and also tweet it.

1) Emails sent to the fmo at nic.in email have been unanswered (as expected)

2) Emails sent to email address orm have been unanswered (pretty normal from IT dept)

3) Messages sent on social media are unanswered for any queries and concern.

What else to expect?

@ J S Bhavsar I am sorry for your problem. In my case, since I send repeated e-mails to helpdesk and orm, they are forced to talk to me and agreed that there is problem  and assured to solve it. But situation has worsened. Even AO details suddenly vanished. 

Rocks Parss (241 Points)
Replied 26 September 2021

Yes all these issues were experienced though with lot of manual intervention & data entry at least the ITR could be filed

Rocks Parss (241 Points)

@ Rammohan - Yes all these issues were experienced though with lot of manual intervention & data entry at least the ITR could be filed

Rocks Parss (241 Points)

As regards grievances we have received emails stating that it is observed that you have filed your ITR - grievance is closed

Rammohan (NA) (245 Points)

@ Rocks Parss - Yes, agreed that it is a relief that at least the ITR could be filed. Yet, these problems are still haunting several assessees who are struggling to find their way through the maze of the new filing system and getting tensed about this. Even experienced professionals are frustrated with the filing process, as could be seen from the various comments. This situation should have been totally avoidable. What was touted as a simpler process has turned out to be otherwise.

You are lucky that you got an email response that your grievance has been closed. Mine is still awaiting a reply.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: