Need help for calculation of the payable tax

Hi All, 

 

I'm faciing some issues while paying for the reamining Tax balance . In my previous organisation (XYZ) I had worked for 2.5 months for the FY 2012-13 and I had declared an NSC for 40000. 

My 8.GROSS TOTAL INCOME (Col 8) was      Rs 46780

Deductions ((including the PF and the NSC). Rs 42,751

Net payable  tax from my 1st employer was     Rs 0.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Now when I joined the next company (ABC) , I had again declared same amount of NSC ( as I needed to get the benefit for the remaining 9.5 months ). Tenure in Fy 2012-13 = 9.5 months 

my gross total income was :                          Rs   383394.88.

Dedunctions under the chapter VI- A was       Rs  98496.00

So my net payable tax came around                  Rs 10805

 

My Ques :  I guess I had used the NSC intrument twice and thus not paid correct taxes. In the ITR 1 from while adding the gross salary I have added the gross salary from both the companies but I cannot add NSC twice. Also in the ITR1 from the total outstanding payable tax(calculated by excel) comes as  Rs 4535, which I pressume is not correct .

Can some one tell me the exact amount to be paid using the form 280. It will be a great help . Please let me know if any other deatil is reuqired.

 

Regards

Rahul

Replies (2)

Does the deductino amount of 98496 also includes the NSC amount of 42751?

Hi Giridhar, 

The deduction amount in the 2nd organisation includes the 40000 NSC. But when I had declared the same amount of the NSC in the 1st organisation , it was deducted for the span of 70 days only (April, May and 10 days of june).

Regards

Rahul

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details